Glock Pro Forums banner
1 - 20 of 67 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,876 Posts
That is "... a high-temperature, factory-applied lubricant. It should be allowed to remain until it naturally wears away to assure long-term lubrication of this area". (that's a direct quote from the Armorer's Manual).

Once it's worn away you can use a regular light oil on the slide rails, according to the instructions in your owner's manual. There's no need to replace the copper-colored stuff.

Chris

·
Registered
128 Posts
That is "... a high-temperature, factory-applied lubricant. It should be allowed to remain until it naturally wears away to assure long-term lubrication of this area". (that's a direct quote from the Armorer's Manual).

Once it's worn away you can use a regular light oil on the slide rails, according to the instructions in your owner's manual. There's no need to replace the copper-colored stuff.

Chris
The Best reply to an often asked guestion should be a Sticky.

·
Registered
2,732 Posts
Fugit about it!

Reactions: SierraGlocker

·
Registered
2,732 Posts
Not sure sewing machine oil is listed in the acceptable lubricants for Glock pistols. I think it says something like " any lubricant approved for firearms".
Are we gonna' sew or shoot! LOL.

·
Administrator
6,979 Posts
Thread made "Sticky"

I usually leave the copper colored grease on the first time I shoot a new Glock. The only thing I do the first time I shoot a new Glock is add some light grease, TW25B, to the connector area and then shoot away.

When I clean a Glock after its first shoot, I remove all the factory lube and replace it with new lube. I do that every time after I shoot.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
What I heard was because its thin thats why it won't gum up like gun oil will do in below zero temperatues.

Now, I've never shot my Glocks in these kind of temperatures but my shotguns will freze up from time to time due to gumming up due to the gun oil and the cold. I have neve used that dry gun lube, I wonder how that would do in the cold?

·
Registered
2,027 Posts
What I heard was because its thin thats why it won't gum up like gun oil will do in below zero temperatues.

Now, I've never shot my Glocks in these kind of temperatures but my shotguns will freze up from time to time due to gumming up due to the gun oil and the cold. I have neve used that dry gun lube, I wonder how that would do in the cold?
what oil are you using on your shotguns?

·
Registered
2,027 Posts
Thread made "Sticky"

I usually leave the copper colored grease on the first time I shoot a new Glock. The only thing I do the first time I shoot a new Glock is add some light grease, TW25B, to the connector area and then shoot away.

When I clean a Glock after its first shoot, I remove all the factory lube and replace it with new lube. I do that every time after I shoot.
the second sticky that i requested (glock pic thread was my idea too)! everyone listens to the Don!

·
Administrator
6,979 Posts
the second sticky that i requested (glock pic thread was my idea too)! everyone listens to the Don!
I didn't want to wake up tomorrow with a horse's head in my bed... ;)

·
Registered
431 Posts
I use Breakfree CLP in my Glocks and all of my guns and have for more years than I can remember, it cleans and lubricates. Never had any problems.

·
Registered
2,027 Posts
I use Breakfree CLP in my Glocks and all of my guns and have for more years than I can remember, it cleans and lubricates. Never had any problems.
agreed. i just started using it to clean my barrels and lube the rails, and it's pretty good stuff. cleans the barrel at least as good as hoppes9, and doesn't smell like the reactor core at chernobyl lol (also lubes at the same time so i can now skip that extra step. it's great :)

1 - 20 of 67 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.