Glock Pro Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought a G38 during the great ammo drought of 2008 cuz the .45GAP was plentiful. Now that 9mm is cheap & easy again, I'm wondering if I can slap a G19 barrel, slide & springs onto the 38 frame? A 19 mag seats firmly in the 38 mag well, so that mystery is solved. Any thoughts on the other stuff?

·
Registered
143 Posts
Call a barrel maker.
Tell them you need a .45gap to 9mm barrel.
They will tell if they will make you one.
Then let us know.
Cheaper to just buy a 17 for range use.
Keep the .45 gap for sell defense.

·
Premium Member
5,921 Posts
Welcome to the forum. Having bought the 38, you are already a part of a very special group here on Glock.pro. The Gappers are taking over. :)

Sorry I can't answer your question though. The frame of the G38 is identical to the G19. If you go to GLOCK's website, the dimensions are actually shown as exactly the same. I know this because it has caused me several problems when ordering holsters. Holster makers have gone to the GLOCK site and seen the dims are the same so the make the holster the same. While the frame is identical, the slide is clearly wider and has a tough time fitting into kydex made for a 19.

·
None
1,525 Posts
The slide rails are different on the GAP models; so, you won't be able to put a 19 slide on your 38. A conversion barrel, if one exists, would be your only option for caliber conversion.

·
Premium Member
2,780 Posts
Thanks, all. To confirm: when you mention conversion barrel, are you talking about one that's bored for 9mm but has the outside diameter of the 45?
Yeah, that is what they are talking about

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.