Glock Pro Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,921 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Another great article on Personal Defense Network's webpage. This goes to something I speak of frequently as it relates to those that take State mandated training programs to get their Carry License, or take basic Firearms Safety courses and feel they are now prepared to effectively carry a handgun for personal defense.

Also, please note the section on physical fitness. I subject I am actively working on myself this year. While I have never been terribly "out of shape" I have a ton to gain by being in better shape. The ability to better defend myself is just but one of the benefits of being fit and healthy.

The Concealed Carry Trap

A concealed carry class recently graduated at U.S. Shooting Academy (USSA) here in Tulsa, Oklahoma. The 20 students were armed with the knowledge and legal right to apply for their permit and carry a gun. The scary news is that the state now labeled those individuals as "ready" to carry a firearm full-time for self-defense purposes, without any more than about an hour on the range doing live-fire exercises. But the fact is that if those students don't have any other training or experience, they will likely be at high risk of making a mistake that could cost them their life or the life of another human being. (Click on the LINK above to read the rest of the story)

·
Registered
88 Posts
I have two knee replacements. Getting down just isn't possible with out lots of care. Being on my knees, forget it. So to take a physical test to carry, wouldn't work for me I simply can't run.

This is why it is so important for me to shoot the same test the local LEO has to take before they can carry. I plan on doing this method every time I shoot. I did it again Sunday.

My state requires the written test, or shooting take your pick. I think everyone should have to shoot, and do the same test the local LEO takes. It makes me shutter to think some one is carrying because they just took a written test.

I'm to old to fight and to broken up to run, so as I back peddle out of danger I appreciate my constitutional rights to bare arms!!!!! I'll leave the pursue and apprehend to the law.

·
Super Moderator
6,946 Posts
I have two knee replacements. Getting down just isn't possible with out lots of care. Being on my knees, forget it. So to take a physical test to carry, wouldn't work for me I simply can't run.

This is why it is so important for me to shoot the same test the local LEO has to take before they can carry. I plan on doing this method every time I shoot. I did it again Sunday.

My state requires the written test, or shooting take your pick. I think everyone should have to shoot, and do the same test the local LEO takes. It makes me shutter to think some one is carrying because they just took a written test.

I'm to old to fight and to broken up to run, so as I back peddle out of danger I appreciate my constitutional rights to bare arms!!!!! I'll leave the pursue and apprehend to the law.
Good post softtail99fg... We all have different issues and needs...

1 - 4 of 4 Posts