Glock Pro Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,921 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The holster was for a GLOCK 19 with Attached Weapons Light

I recently wrote a review on the Streamlight TLR-1s weapon light that I bought and wanted to follow up with a review of one of the holsters I ordered that would fit my GLOCK 19 with the light attached. Yesterday, I received my Comp-Tac holster. Now, if you have read any of my previous post, it's obvious that I am a big fan of Comp-Tac. They have superior Customer Service, SUPER fast production times and shipping and they make great products. I have been very satisfied with every holster I have ever purchased from them… until now.

The holster itself seems to be high quality like all their other holsters have been. Heavy kydex molded specifically to fit my weapon, and in this case, my specific light as well. Three adjustable rivots, with rubber in between the screws allow the wearer to adjust the tension on the firearm for retention. This holster does not allow the weapon to be worn without the light, so if you're thinking about buying one, keep that in mind. With the light on, the weapon seems nice and secure inside the holster. The way that the holster is designed allows for a very good grip on the firearm. This is important when choosing a holster. I have had holsters that fit great and were easy to carry but they had leather that hindered my ability to grab the firearm properly.

The reason this holster allows for such as great grip is because it sticks out from the body terribly. I wasn't expecting a super-concealed, deep undercover type holster since I'm carrying a decent sized weapon and attached light but it is by far the worst holster I have ever seen when it comes to pulling tight against the body. The reason, in my opinion is due to the location of the belt loops. The front belt loop is forward of the front of the holster slightly. This of course pulls the front of the firearm in nice and tight. The rear loop however is in the middle of the holster, and keep in mind, this holster is for a weapon mounted light so it isn't the smallest holster in the world to begin with. With the rear loop in the middle, it allows the rear portion of the holster to stick way out from the wearer's body. Terribly so. So badly, I can't conceal this holster with a jacket on it's so bad. It sticks out of the jacket like I've stolen something. I would go as far as to say that it would be impossible to conceal.

I contacted Comp-Tac via email a few hours after I received the holster. I wore it around the house for that period of time and decided there is no way this holster will work for me. My email was sent after hours so I received a nice response early this morning. Great customer service as always, and they explained that the holster was not designed to be concealed but rather a competition or range holster. Range holster, maybe, competition, I just don't see it but hey, whatever right. They offered to swap it out for their other model they carry that will support a weapon mounted light, the CTAC. Now, I like some IWB holsters but I don't think I'm going to be sticking that inside my pants, especially with Thanksgiving coming up. :)

I have responded to Comp-Tac and asked for an RMA for a refund. I am still waiting to hear back from them on that, which was a little surprising but I'll give it a little more time. I still have the highest faith in Comp-Tac and their products but this specific product, in my opinion is a failure. If someone wanted it for nothing but range duty, maybe but I can't see it for any other reason. Even if I open carried more often, I wouldn't use this holster as I believe it puts the gun too far out and would make for an easy grab for anyone trying to take my firearm. The Comp-Tac belt holster for firearms with mounted lights gets Two Thumbs DOWN from me!

Jeans Denim Electric blue Human leg Pattern
Gesture Wood Office equipment Gun accessory Gun barrel
Wood Tool Rectangle Hardwood Wood stain
Wood Bicycle part Composite material Wood stain Hardwood
Wood Hardwood Wood stain Composite material Varnish

·
Super Moderator
7,027 Posts
Good holster write-up...

It's a nice looking holster... Sorry it didn't fit your needs...

·
Premium Member
5,921 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Update - Comp-Tac just sent my RMA for return. They will issue a full refund, minus shipping back to them which will cost me about $6.00. No hassle no questions, plain 30 day money back guarantee if you aren't satisfied. I am still a huge Comp-Tac fan, just not a fan of this specific holster.
A++ for Comp-Tac

·
Premium Member
2,780 Posts
At least they are making it good

·
Registered
27 Posts
I know this thread is long dead but it is literally the only place online i was able to find pics and a review of the comp tac light compatible holster. I called comp tac and expressed this concern about the way the belt loops were shaped and they told me the holster had been redesigned. I decided to bite the bullet and order and it just arrived today. The bely loops are now more spread out and the rear loop is closer to the rear of the holster. It rides how i expected it to. If i get some time ill take a few pics later on. Kust wanted to share in case anyone else is looking for reviews.

·
Premium Member
5,921 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I know this thread is long dead but it is literally the only place online i was able to find pics and a review of the comp tac light compatible holster. I called comp tac and expressed this concern about the way the belt loops were shaped and they told me the holster had been redesigned. I decided to bite the bullet and order and it just arrived today. The bely loops are now more spread out and the rear loop is closer to the rear of the holster. It rides how i expected it to. If i get some time ill take a few pics later on. Kust wanted to share in case anyone else is looking for reviews.
No, please do. As I have always stated, I am a huge Comp-Tac fan and they are also a forum sponsor. This holster is the only one I have ever been unhappy with from Comp-Tac. I'd really like to see what changes they have made. Thanks.

·
Super Moderator
7,027 Posts
Thanks for the followup and pictures...

Let us know how you like it after you wear it a few times...

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.