Glock Pro Forums banner
1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Gosh forbid we ever have to fight some one knife on knife, and the closest I've came was AR-15 vs drunk with a katana attacking pool furnature at a apt complex.
But of blades you own that you would possibly have on you in a end of the world as we know it situation,
What would be the one that you would use( lets for this exercise rule
Out machetes, swords, cutlasses and the like)
Here are my top two choices of what I have- the USMC OKC3S , it is one of the better knifes ever adopted by uncle sam. It is one wicked and tough blade for both survival and fighting.
The second, the WW2 Office Of Stratigic Services "Smatchet", it has a simple manual of arms and will lop off a forearm in one swipe.

Attachments

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Well, a battle axe in a knife fight would be ok lol, they are afterall made for that sort of thing. In fact seeing a person with a battle axe would likey make the attacker to choose somebody else to demand a wallet from.

·
Administrator
6,638 Posts
When I tell people I have an ole battle axe they think I am talking bout a spouse ...

:cool:

·
Administrator
6,638 Posts
I'm guessing the M4 bayonet on my M1 carbine gets me into this club, sorry no pics .....

Similar to the second one down in this pic :

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Yes, the M4 bayonet is a modification of the M3 Trench knife,
Which is what soldiers that carried M1 carbines and submachine guns were issued as a fighting knife.
Bayonet lugs for the carbine began to appear very late in WW2,(Battle of Okinawa) and of course the M4 bayonet to go with it. As
It superseded the M3 trench knife, the M3 production was halted.... So even late war carriers of .45 M3 SMG's (" greasegun") were issued a M4 bayonet as thier fighting knife.

The M3 blade lived on in the M4,M5,M6,and M7 bayonet series till
Finally replaced by the M9 phobus, and USMC OKC3S.

·
Administrator
6,638 Posts
Thankx for the background on my bayo, I hold a keen interest in this era of weapons ....

·
Registered
406 Posts
Gerber LMF, Gerber MK II dagger, old Air Force survival knife and a large United Cutlery Bowie style blade.

·
Premium Member
2,780 Posts

·
Administrator
6,638 Posts
sfguard, I believe I have one of those too ! I bought it at a gun show after the seller convinced me it was era correct for my M1 Carbine and after driving the 50 miles back home and doing some research I discovered that it was not the correct bayonet, so I just kept it anyway ...

Knives, like guns, have no set limit as to how many one can have, right ?

:cool:

·
Registered
2,883 Posts
Not exactly a blade but an old tomahawk I love throwing. One the best ways to pass some time is throwing 'hawks and knives.

View attachment 2719

Prospector
I would classify that as a blade. I have a Cold Steel Tomahawk and it will put a hurting on you if use properly. They killed a many a white man back in the day. It makes a good survival tool. Much more efficient in chopping wood and other heavier tasks that a fixed blade could be used for.

·
Registered
406 Posts
1 - 20 of 42 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.