Glock Pro Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK, so the instruction manual says don't remove the copper lubicrant.
Every Glock cleaning video I've watched has had everyone cleaning it in such a manner that I'd be surprised if they didn't remove the copper lubricant: spraying cleaner everywhere and scrubbing it clean with a brush. And to be honest, there isn't even that much copper lubricant on the slide so I can't really see ho it facilitates "long-term lubrication" as the manual states.

So, is it really bad to take it off, or will it be OK to remove it during the cleaning process? I can't really see a way to avoid it coming off AND cleaning the slide/frame properly.

Thanks for any tips.

·
Registered
334 Posts
Might as well leave it there. It hurts nothing. When It is time to clean, it can go. I always replace it with a little syn bearing grease.

·
Registered
1,006 Posts
I usually clean it after the first firing session of the gun...
I just couldn't sleep putting a firearm away a dirty Glock et all, that copper stuff is a good break-in for the first rounds (my opinion)!

·
Registered
401 Posts
this topic was stickied months ago. no point in digging up a year old thread where the OP hasn't returned since. let it die, and refer to the sticky ;)
As I said, this topic was moved into a new subforum, thus some people are reading it for the first time.
Also as a member of many forums and running a few myself, not very many actually read the stickies, and when they see a topic, they reply. Or they start a new thread asking the same questions that have been cycled many times. All in all,

NO HARM, NO FOUL.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.