Glock Pro Forums banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After cleaning a few times, that original bronzish (for lack of a better word) stuff has worn away. My manual said to leave it. I always oil it down after. Do I need to replace some of that other stuff?

Thanks

·
Premium Member
2,780 Posts
Your fine just use a little lub after you clean it about six drops in the right places is more than enough

·
Registered
2,101 Posts
glock uses it primarily for the models that remain on the shelf for extended periods I believe. Anti-corrosion.
glock only applies it to friction points, like the slide rails/connector. glock's official reason is it's an "anti-seizing compund".

ever heard of a glock seizing up, ever? i haven't, and half the people that buy them wipe that stuff off immediately.

CTD sells little tubes of it, if you really want some more.

·
Registered
370 Posts
glock only applies it to friction points, like the slide rails/connector. glock's official reason is it's an "anti-seizing compund".

ever heard of a glock seizing up, ever? i haven't, and half the people that buy them wipe that stuff off immediately.

CTD sells little tubes of it, if you really want some more.
thats makes more sense... Ive heard both reasons... My 26 barely had any of it on it when I got it... baby Glock, baby amounts? lol

·
Registered
2,101 Posts
I always thouroughly clean and lube a new gun. Any gun....even a Glock.
i lube, but only clean before shooting for the first time if the gun's packed in cosmoline.

i believe the manual says to leave the brown lube until it wears away through use. so your good. i think its a break in type lube or something to that effect.
it does. however, it makes no difference if you wipe it off.

·
Registered
2,773 Posts
thats makes more sense... Ive heard both reasons... My 26 barely had any of it on it when I got it... baby Glock, baby amounts? lol
The 26 I bought this week was loaded with the bronze lube. It's gone now! Detail stripped it cleaned and relubed it.

·
Premium Member
844 Posts
Anti seize is used in automotive applications it prevents rust building up between fasteners (like nut and bolt that won't be removed for along time) It is good stuff and works very well. I would guess Glock uses it for shipping and storage puposes. No harm to leave it and no harm to remove it. Lube to manufactures specs and you will enjoy your Glock for your lifetime and then your kids will enjoy it as well

·
Premium Member
5,921 Posts
I'd like to buy an Ultrasonic Cleaner. It could be good if a local Group or Club would go in on one. Might need to look into it more.

·
Registered
1,628 Posts
I'd like to buy an Ultrasonic Cleaner. It could be good if a local Group or Club would go in on one. Might need to look into it more.
It's just a matter of time until I take the plunge and try using it. I plan to detail strip the slide and jut put those parts (not the firing pin or extractor sping) into the cleaner. I don't want to risk putting the receiver parts in there yet.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.