Glock Pro Forums banner
21 - 28 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
What ever happen to finger on the frame technique?
Finger on the trigger with pressure, only needed when deadly force needed.
Accidental Discharge almost caused accidental Death.
Nice Officer, seemed to be level headed and rendered care but used bad tactics. The motorcycle operators pulled over and offered no resistance. But I only saw a clip of the video but, it appeared the pursuit was not high speed nor reckless and very brief.
That’s why I carry a Glock- All safety is in the FINGER and the mounting situation the shooter encounters.

·
Registered
6,258 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Accidents do happen! That’s why you never put your finger on the trigger until you see/feel your life is in jeopardy!
Ps- When performing a demonstration with a firearm, the first action you take is to show all attendees that your gun is not loaded, by working the action and showing the weapon to your students and to show all students (visually observe) the gun is clear and not loaded!

·
Registered
127 Posts
trigger happy
For Moe right above...Accidental my aunt matilda's mustache. 'Accidental' discharge is the gun goes off w/o pulling the trigger..the gun fails somehow..THIS was a negligent dscharge..the cop oight to lose his job...they wonder why they hear ACAB...

·
Registered
6,258 Posts
I am the only one that I know of in this room professional enough ....

·
Registered
127 Posts
I am the only one that I know of in this room professional enough ....

I think the real issue isn't what it's called, accidental, negligent..I think the issue is the LEOs trying to cover it up by calling it 'an accident' when it is anything but...

·
Super Moderator
3,070 Posts
I think the real issue isn't what it's called, accidental, negligent..I think the issue is the LEOs trying to cover it up by calling it 'an accident' when it is anything but...
FWIW: I might be wrong, but, there are two videos in this thread, I think OT is referencing the 2nd and you are referring to the 1st?

LEOs aren’t the only ones. After posting a video on Timney’s removal of Glock’s drop safety in their new trigger design, I did some research on accidental discharges caused by drops (all guns). I was surprised by how many reports there were with only an extremely small number of them considered possibly true. The confirmed failures were not actual dropping of the gun but holstered guns that took hard hits when the LEO had a bad fall while pursuing someone (down a hill or fell climbing over something) or going to the ground while in a physical confrontation. All of the civilian claims (and there were a lot) were discredited.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
3,070 Posts
Oh, and I agree with you on that first video. No excuses for that!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

21 - 28 of 28 Posts