Glock Pro Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
431 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My wife and I have purchased a few guns in the last year, so I was thinking we should get a safe. So over the last couple of days, I have been searching the net and going to a couple of stores. Today I stopped at a Lowes to see what they had. Found they had a very good price on the Centurion 12, which I think will work, at $399.00. The next size they had was the Centurion 20 at $727.00, and I had just missed a sale, end 2 days ago for $597.00.
Now I have been told to get a bigger safe than what I need, and for us, I think that is important. My wife is a photographer, so we can store her equipment, and then ammo, jewelry and important stuff.

So I got the Centurion 20 and Lowes was nice enough to sell it for the sale price.
http://www.libertysafe.com/safe_centurion.php

·
Registered
226 Posts
Nice safe man, I am feeling growing pains with my safe now and am planning on making a upgrade soon.

·
Premium Member
2,780 Posts
Yeah, unless you are absolutely sure you will not buy another get a bigger safe than you need. There will always be another gun come up calling to you

·
Registered
1,962 Posts
Yeah, unless you are absolutely sure you will not buy another get a bigger safe than you need. There will always be another gun come up calling to you
... and you will fill it up with other stuff too ... electronics, heirlooms, documents, etc. You run out of room really quickly, even if you are very organized.

Be sure to get a Golden Rod, a humidistat, and bolt that sucker down.

·
Registered
3,134 Posts
I recently purchased a gun safe. I've traveled the last 3 weekends and having the safe made it "feel" well, more safe.... We returned Tuesday evening from the most recent trip, did a walk around and all was well, electronics where it was supposed to be, doors intact, until I checked the safe.... we left and forgot to close the safe door! Everything was where we left it, but how dumb was that!

·
Premium Member
5,921 Posts
Glad everything was still there Ed.

On the safe, this is an area that you do not want to skimp on. Trust me. My Father wen with the Stack-On brand, actually purchasing three of them. He came home one day to find one of them torn open, with everything in it gone. This particular safe held most of his handguns, some which were his fathers, 10K in cash, nearly 100 knives, most of which were collectible CASE, jewelry etc. It was not a very good day.

All it took was a screwdriver and some strong arms. The thief actually cut his hand on the metal while tearing it open, and 8 months later was pulled over for DUI, blood was drawn and they matched him to the blood left on my Dad's safe. Not that he had any of the stuff he had stole. It's been long gone.

·
Registered
431 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Glad everything was still there Ed.

On the safe, this is an area that you do not want to skimp on. Trust me. My Father wen with the Stack-On brand, actually purchasing three of them. He came home one day to find one of them torn open, with everything in it gone. This particular safe held most of his handguns, some which were his fathers, 10K in cash, nearly 100 knives, most of which were collectible CASE, jewelry etc. It was not a very good day.

All it took was a screwdriver and some strong arms. The thief actually cut his hand on the metal while tearing it open, and 8 months later was pulled over for DUI, blood was drawn and they matched him to the blood left on my Dad's safe. Not that he had any of the stuff he had stole. It's been long gone.
Sorry to hear about that.

I am hoping that this safe will be strong enough to hold up. It was close to 500bls and has some large bolts in it.

·
Registered
252 Posts
Sounds like you got a good deal. Nice to see lowes hooked you up on the sale price. I'm in the market myself and didn't realize lowes even carried them.

·
Premium Member
5,921 Posts
Congrats. Bolt it to the floor. Bolt it to the wall. Bolt it to the ceiling if you can. While mine weighed in at about 800 lbs, one dude brought it in so one dude could take it out if I didn't bolt it down!

·
Super Moderator
7,027 Posts
Good information here... I'm in the market for a safe, too... Not sure where to out it though... I have an old fairly small house. Do you all put them out in the open or do you try to hide them?

I have terrazzo floors... Is it possible to bolt a safe down to terrazzo flooring?

·
Registered
612 Posts
I'm actually looking at one that I concrete into the floor. Anyone have any experience with this type? Only prob I see is that with most, space in limited...but it sure makes it tough for anyone to carry out on a hand truck etc...

Looking for comments!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.