Glock Pro Forums banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was originally going to buy a px4 when i bought my glock 9mm, but went for the glock instead. I am considering buying a .40 cal next month and the three ive been thinking are a sig, a beretta px4, and a sw m&p .40. What do you guys think?

·
Premium Member
5,921 Posts
I personally wouldn't buy a .40 from anyone. But that's just me. :)

·
Premium Member
2,780 Posts
I have a PX4 and like it a lot. So since that is included in your choices that would be my pick

·
Registered
1,962 Posts
I have a PX4 and like it a lot. So since that is included in your choices that would be my pick
Wouldn't have pegged you for a PX4 guy. I had a PX4 in .40s&w soon after they came out. The ergonomics are good but the trigger sucked like a Hoover. When I decided to sell it I had a heck of a time. That was the single hardest gun I've ever sold. It took forever and I lost more money on it than anything else I've ever sold. PERIOD.

I've owned many, many SIGs but likely will never own another. The classic P series are ... well, classic. However, the new production is spotty. In the end they are very heavy guns with crappy triggers that are no longer the pinnacle of reliability they once were.

I've never owned a M&P because I've never warmed to them ... also because of crappy trigger feel.

I'm with TheLaw on avoiding the .40s&w altogether anyway. What does it gain you anyway? I would suggest just getting a different frame size in GLOCK 9mm and keeping with a fantastic platform and caliber.

·
Premium Member
2,780 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,921 Posts
The only benefit I've ever seen to the .40 S&W is ammo availability. During the shortage we all went through - there was always .40 on the shelf...
I don't think that will be the case if we go through it again. Since that ammo shortage, I've seen tons and tons of people scooping up .40s.

·
Registered
53 Posts
I bought my Glock22 Gen4 back on 10-22-2010 and I am very satisfied with it. It really doesn't have alot of muzzle flip due to the dual captive recoil spring. I have about 500 rds. thru it without a hiccup. I also have an M&P40/357Sig., I originally purchased the M&P in 357Sig and just acquired a 40S&W barrel when I want to shoot the 40S&W round. The M&P is a great smooth shooter in either 357Sig or 40S&W and the M&P is my EDC in either caliber.

·
Premium Member
2,780 Posts

·
Registered
612 Posts
I certainly remember him saying that...just wondered if he has anything in particular against the .40? I personnally find it to be accurate, fast, available and affordable in comparison to many other large rounds. My G22 does have a particular "snap" to it which I understand makes some people dislike them, but it doesn't bother me. do you have one SF?

·
Registered
594 Posts
That was an awesome video. I've actually got two .40's up for sale right now. Sig 229 elite dark and a 239 SAS Gen II. Great guns, but not the calibre for me. Sticking with 9mm and .45. Both are much more controllable. I carry 9mm and shoot .45 mostly for fun. Just too much muzzle flip for me. Maybe it's just my weak wrists. (I'm keeping the 23 just because it's a glock).

·
Premium Member
2,780 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,780 Posts
1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.