Glock Pro Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys, it's been a while since I last posted in the forum. Been busy with my weekly training and live fire, so far so good. So, after a thousand rounds being fired from my G17C, I noticed that the porting on the slide somehow has these "burn" marks? I am not sure what they are, but it's very hard, and I am not sure if this is normal or how these can be removed.

Has anyone experienced the same thing with a ported barrel and slide? Both ports have the same "issue".

·
Registered
6,216 Posts
Looks like typical carbon deposit, any solvent for removing it and an old tooth brush, should take care of it.

You can scrape it off but be careful not to scratch the surface, which will only make the next cleaning that much more tedious.

·
Super Moderator
3,031 Posts
It’s normal with the 17c. It’ll loosen up with some oil or gun cleaner. If your patient and let the cleaner work it should come off with a brush.

I cheat and just use this pro-shot brass pick to scrape mine clean every time I clean the gun. Pro Shot Brass Gun Pick Cleaning Tool https://www.amazon.com/dp/B008PL87BK/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_glt_fabc_45WW5JEE7V62K5VPX520

Brass is a softer metal than the slide so it will not damage it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Okay, I will try to soak it over the weekend and let you guys know what the result will be.

BTW, wow the forum changed! :)

·
Registered
6,216 Posts
Yes it has, the Xenforo platform is much more eye friendly than vBulletin, and has more bells and whistles.

Mikey likes it !

·
Registered
307 Posts
Okay, I will try to soak it over the weekend and let you guys know what the result will be.

BTW, wow the forum changed! :)
Were you able to get that build up off your slide ports?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts