Glock Pro Forums banner
21 - 28 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
98 Posts
I am preparing for both situations. Unfortunalty with two daughters and a grandchild plus two dogs and a cat which the wife is expecting to come with use or bug out would be more of a convoy.
If its a natural disater, local event I plan on staying put. If it's TEOTWAWKI then I might have to bug out to the deep woods. Problem there is while my dad has property up north it's a small lot. There is state land near by but I would have to build a shelter and try to provide security.

·
Registered
182 Posts
Armed, you could always hide in the Franklin Mountains, it seemed to work for the outlaws back in the day. Since I reside in Tennessee now, I'd have to stand my ground like Tailhunter, the logs on the cabin are quite big and as long as nobody shoots at me with a .50cal Barrett, I'll be alright for at least a couple of minutes.

·
Premium Member
5,921 Posts
Lots of people are headed for the "woods". As long as my residence and the surrounding area is stable, I'm hunkering down in the house.

·
Registered
594 Posts
Being in the foothills of Colorado my options are pretty open for either. Far enough away from the city central and within walking distance of the alpine layers. Only problem would be getting the ex and youngest down here, but there's plenty of back roads for a Mad Max run to do that in the 4x4. They are actually in a pretty good area farther north of the city, but it's just the two of them so I'd have to do something.

·
Registered
2,101 Posts
Well I see your point, if your castle is hardened enough to survive the firt 48 hours you should have everything east of the John R and south of eight mile all to your self, and your welcome to it.
that's right where i went to school for 5 years. it's quite an adventure walking through that area at 10pm leaving your night class....but i did survive unarmed lol

never lived down there though. you couldn't pay me to live in Detoilet

21 - 28 of 28 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.