Glock Pro Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all,

I'm new to the site, and just got my first glock. I was wondering how many rounds I should put through the glock 27 gen 4 before switching to hollow for defense?

-Darrell

·
Registered
1,527 Posts
Welcome to the Forum darr. There is no breaking in for Glocks. You are 100% out of the box. Load up your magazines with anything you want; ball, flat nose, hollow point, etc. It doesn't matter! Your 27 will cycle it reliably with no problem :) Congratulations on your new purchase!

·
Registered
1,527 Posts
On a side note, I just thought about my above post. I think all non hollow point .40 S&W is flat nose :) Anyway, you are good to go!

·
Registered
3,134 Posts
G'Day from Vegas and welcome to Glock.Pro!

For me when they're new, I like to run 'em hard and run 'em fast for a couple of hundred rounds. Is it necessary? No... But it's not a bad idea and it's fun as hell!

·
Registered
6,238 Posts
Welcome to the forum.

I think all non hollow point .40 S&W is flat nose
I believe you may be correct Sir .... (FP would be the designation)

·
Registered
140 Posts
There's really no "break in" period for Glocks as stated above they're ready fresh out the box.

Personally I prefer to put atleast a couple hundred rounds thru it to be sure everything is functioning properly before I feel I can trust my life with it.

·
Registered
1,527 Posts
Ed, and Raider have very good points! You CAN trust it with your life right out of the box, but why don't you just go make sure and shoot the heck out of it!!!:D

·
Super Moderator
6,959 Posts
I wouldn't trust any gun right out of the box...

Put a couple of hundred rounds through it... Make sure you fire some of your chosen hollowpoints, too... The different bullet shape can make a difference...

·
Registered
2 Posts

Put a couple of hundred rounds through it... Make sure you fire some of your chosen hollowpoints, too... The different bullet shape can make a difference...
Totally agree. Very good advice.

·
Registered
2,773 Posts
Welcome to the forum.

I believe you may be correct Sir .... (FP would be the designation)
I agree. However, I think "Flat Point" is quite an oxymoron.:eek:

·
Registered
2,773 Posts
Hey all,

I'm new to the site, and just got my first glock. I was wondering how many rounds I should put through the glock 27 gen 4 before switching to hollow for defense?

-Darrell
Welcome to the forum, Darrell.

·
Premium Member
5,921 Posts
Welcome to the forum.

·
Registered
530 Posts
The Glock comes from the factory with the slide and rails lubricated with copper impregnated, anti sieze lubricant. It's best to leave this lubricant on for the first couple hundred rounds. Then it can be cleaned off and replaced with the lubricant of your choice.

·
Registered
3 Posts

100% agree as well. Had a new Gen 4 G30 that ran FMJ without a problem. When I ran JHP I had 6 FTF out of 160 rounds, all on the 9th round. Took it to Smyrna and they had the same FTF with carry ammo. Long story short I walked out with a new G30S which has eaten ball and JHP without an issue.

·
Super Moderator
6,959 Posts
Wow! That's a great deal...

Can't beat Glock's customer service... especially if you're close enough to drive to Smyrna...

·
Registered
432 Posts
Welcome to the Forum and I agree with all of the above ! I take mine straight out of the box after a cursory field strip and run 100 rounds or so thru it.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Location does have its privileges sometimes. Everyone I dealt with at Glock was fantastic, from the security at check in to the armorer that helped me. Extremely courteous and professional. They put their night sites on the 30S (a nice touch I thought) and handed it over in a new box with 3 new magazines. Not a bad deal at all.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts