Glock Pro Forums banner
21 - 22 of 22 Posts
You may do some reading on the ammo that works best in the conversion kits.
I have read that some are picky/leaning towards the higher power end of the curve, which equates to the more costly ammo, IF you can find any ...
Anyone got a guess why .22 is still so scarce ?
I have Advantage Arms conversions for G22 and G23. They even tell you in the literature that comes with the conversion kit what ammo is recommended. I've tried different .22 brands and the guns are VERY finicky! You need enough energy from the ammo to fully drive the slide back. Also, I recommend that you take along a Bore Snake to pull through the barrel as the chamber will fowl fairly quickly causing FTE's one after another. I used my for the family to get them used to shooting a handgun. In retrospect ... you can buy a very nice Mark III for the same money ... shoot about every brand .22 ammo ... and not have to mess with the conversion (although it's not that difficult to do). I bought extra magazines to save time on reloading. They have 10 round capacity ... I found it more convenient.

As far as duplicating your EDC gun to practice with ... some will disagree that it replicates the conditions ... others will swear by it. In retrospect look on it as somewhat of a gimmick. But that's just my opinion.

People are still hoarding .22, and it's my understanding that ammo demand is the highest it's ever been, so some manufactures are devoting plant operations to larger calibers. But who really knows?

21 - 22 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.