Glock Pro Forums banner

Boys just want to have fun.

6K views 21 replies 12 participants last post by  SCmasterblaster 
#1 ·
Ok boys and girls this is my situation. I shoot between 75 and 100 rounds through my G4 26 a week. EVERY WEEK. So I am now looking for a .22LR pistol to shoot with a little less expense any suggestions

#2 ·
Advantage Arms makes a 22 conversion for the 26 but a close $300 I go for another gun. Do you want to stick with a pistol?

Gaz

#19 ·
I've been thinking about the SR22. I had a Walther P22 and it was a big POS. I haven't got one cause I'm afraid it will end up being more wasted money.

#4 ·
I was under the impression that Advantage arms did no make a conversion for the Glocks G4 26. Thanks for the heads up. Chris I was looking at the sig. mosquito for $329. But it’s really ammo sensitive

#5 ·
I was under the impression that Advantage arms did no make a conversion for the Glocks G4 26. Thanks for the heads up. Chris I was looking at the sig. mosquito for $329. But it's really ammo sensitive
Very true also feed issues on some that require the ramp to be polished. Got one for my daughters when they were young and it only runs with the hottest 22 loads I can find. Kinda goes against the inexpensive plinker but does shoot nice when you have everything tuned right.

Gaz

#6 ·
Gaz i would shoot CCIs in the mosquito and would do a little polishing. overall do you like the accuracy

#9 · (Edited)
The Sig is nice and because it's a fixed barrel fairly accurate. My daughters have fired it far more than I have.

But for that money I would do the conversion and fire a pistol you are used to. Glockmeister web page had the Advantage Arms conversion in either gen 3 or 4 for $295.

Gaz

#10 ·
Another idea that looks fun. What sbout one of the AR styled 22 pistols?

Kel-Tec, Sig, Walther and Mossberg all make one I have no hands on experience with them but they look like they would be fun.

Gaz

#12 ·
I am leaning toward the converson kit for my 26. this will give me the advantage of using my EDC. Same grip and feel althoug not the same recoil. Anyone see any disdvatage to this ??

#15 ·
You may do some reading on the ammo that works best in the conversion kits.

I have read that some are picky/leaning towards the higher power end of the curve, which equates to the more costly ammo, IF you can find any ...

Anyone got a guess why .22 is still so scarce ?

#13 ·
That would be my choice as well.
But I liked the looks of the AR pistols az well. So many guns so few dollars.

Gaz

#18 ·
Well, you can't go wrong with a Ruger Mk III. Other than being a little tricky to put back together after a good cleaning, the gun is tank-tough and would last you for years. It is accurate and well made...I prefer the stainless version myself.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.