Glock Pro Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi to all - I'd like to get some answers to the question of carry with Glock 19.

With an in the waistband holster, men - would you find it best to carry in the position of one o'clock, four O'clock, or Five O'clock.

2nd question - If one needs pants/shorts with 1-2 sizes larger waists, then what do you do when not carrying?

Thanks,

PhotoOracle

·
Registered
779 Posts
My preference depends on the holster, but is still in the 3-4 oclock area.

I dont typically carry to work so all my slacks wont allow for cc anyways. I prefer my jeans a little loose so they already accommodate iwb carry... Like someone else mentioned just tighten your belt.

·
Registered
1,142 Posts
I personally find 3 oclock the most comfortable and I carry a glock 23 IWB. I find that not only is it most comfortable, but is also the easiest way for me to keep it concealed. I tend to get some printing on my shirt in the other positions. I carry at a slight cant, but with the dual strap IWB leather holster it is easy to simply adjust the cant on the fly.

As for clothes, I never wore my waistband really tight so I don't but bigger sizes to carry. I can just wear my normal wardrobe while carrying or not. As was already mentioned, since you are wearing a belt, it really won't matter.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I carry at four or five o'clock when I carry IWB. When I am driving for extended periods of time I sometimes remove the pistol from the IWB holster and put it in the center console or under my leg to give my hips/back a break.

·
Super Moderator
6,946 Posts
Reach your hand around as if you were drawing a pistol... See where your hand naturally touches your belt... That's where your holster should go.

·
Registered
182 Posts
I've never been comfortable with IWB carry. For question number two, "suspenders" will keep your britches from falling down. I have a royal guard from galco, but always felt like there was just too much material to feel comfy.

·
Banned
509 Posts
I carry my G17 in a Glock plastic holster. Under my winter coat here in VT. The plastic holster works great.

Hi to all - I'd like to get some answers to the question of carry with Glock 19.

With an in the waistband holster, men - would you find it best to carry in the position of one o'clock, four O'clock, or Five O'clock.

2nd question - If one needs pants/shorts with 1-2 sizes larger waists, then what do you do when not carrying?

Thanks,

PhotoOracle

1 - 12 of 12 Posts