Glock Pro Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Premium Member
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My glock has the standard fixed sights. I want to get night sights but not sure which ones. Are they hard to put on or should i pay the store to do it?

·
Registered
401 Posts
My glock has the standard fixed sights. I want to get night sights but not sure which ones. Are they hard to put on or should i pay the store to do it?
"Best" is subjective to each person.
I have Tijicons, Meprolights, XS, AmeriGlo, TruGlo TFO, on my GLOCKs.
My favorite is the AmeriGlo Pro Operator.
It all depends on what you are looking for.

Installation is not hard with the proper tools, many have installed the rear sights with a hammer and a punch, screw driver, dowel rod, ect.
But do you really want to "beat" an expensive night sight into the dovetail?

Up until last year the stock front GLOCK sight was pinned, and could easily be remove with a set of pliers. Now they are held like the aftermarket sights with a small hex head screw. Some companies furnish this nut driver with their night sight sets.

·
Registered
34 Posts
I have Trijicon, Meprolight, and Novaks. I like the Trijicons the best.

Currently looking for someone local with a sight tool to remove my sights so I can refinish my slide. Also need night sights installed on my HK when I get them. I don't want to do the hammer and punch method because I don't want to risk breaking the tritium vial, or marring the sight.

LC

·
Registered
12 Posts
I'm casting my vote for Meprolights. I've got two Glocks with a green dot up front and orange dots in the rear. I think the Meps are not as bright but I really like the two colors.
I also have a G23 with factory Glock night sights and I like them too except for the fact that they're all green. They're way brighter than the Meps though.

·
Registered
334 Posts
I have had good success with plain old GNS.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Night sights

I have a few differnt brands, all are fine but I tryed the XS 24/7 ghost ring set up on my G-30 I like them quite a bit for fast pick up for my ageing eyes.

·
Registered
401 Posts
Think I've found the perfect combo of sights. :cool:
AmeriGlo Pro Operator rear, and their Pro Glo front sight.
Nice wide rear notch, plain black with tritium, front sight has tritium and dayglo orange.

·
None
1,525 Posts
I am firmly in the Ameriglo camp. I have Ameriglos on each of my personally owned Glocks and even paid out of pocket to put them on an issued duty gun.

I have the Pro Operators on several of my Glocks, but also like the night sight front with serrated, plain-black rear. I'll probably try a set of their I-Dots at some point.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.