Glock Pro Forums banner

Best Glock for home defense?

21K views 32 replies 19 participants last post by  deeGman 
#1 · (Edited)
Just curious what the board thinks is the best Glock for home protection? I've been keeping my 19 w/ Trijicon's loaded up with Ranger 127+p+ close to me at night. Probably I'm all-set, but like many here I'm looking for a lame excuse to buy another Glock.. I limited my choices to:

1. G22
2. G37
3. G21
All with night sights.

Also, So it makes more sense.. I currently do not own a full size Glock. I have all compacts and sub compacts.

#3 ·
Thanks melissa5. That's a good idea. I almost forgot about the "Glock System". Plus, I won't be tempted to carry the 21 so the flashlight can stay on it full time.

#5 ·
I recently held a 21fs for this first time, owned a 21 a long, long time ago. The fs is an improvement.. but the gun is still very big and top heavy. I know 13 rds of .45 what do you expect. However, I guess if someone was in my house that huge gun would feel pretty comfortable. I will move it up on the list over the 37 for sure.

Not to get off topic. But even though I'm not a big fan of the .40 - the real reason why I listed the 22 is because it's the gun to have right now and I feel.. well, left out. I think the .40 is here to stay. Not sure about the GAP. In the Glock world you can't make a bad choice with a 19/17 or a 23/22 IMHO. All great guns and easy resale.

#6 ·
Well, you could get a 2nd G30SF as a dedicated night stand gun.... As for a .40, I just don't like the snappiness, but have been thinking about getting a police trade in just in case of the apocalypse and all of the ammo I can find is for a .40. LOL

#7 ·
I know what you mean. Everytime I go to Wal Mart they are out or have a very low supply of 9mm but always have a ton of .40 on hand. Forget .45. I was thinking about a gen 4 22. Don't have a gen 4 gun. Kind of kill two birds with one stone..New gun - Gen 4. Ahh.

#10 ·
You and me both except I am not a very patient person. So why, why do they do this to me?

#9 ·
I guess I am kinda a oddball. For my 45s I like 1911s. I like my revolvers Smith. For most anything else I just kind of go with whatever. But I can say that I have a Gen 4 G22 and I really like it. With that in mind I will have to suggest the G4 G22 out of what you have listed.

#11 ·
I recently had a chance to buy a really nice Gen2 23 w/Trijicons for 375. Looked like it only had a few hundred rounds through it. If it was a 22 I would of jumped on it. A 23 would make my 19's jealous and create havoc in my head! Funny.. I heard about Gen3 40's having issues but never Gen2 40's. Why is that?

#17 ·
The glock 30sf or glock 21sf . I know it might be a lil powerful for home defense lol lol , but i want to know for sure that the person is goin down with a bigazz hole comming out the other side . And he/she is not gettin back up .

#33 ·
Depends on my mood. Now i have a G17 loaded with 17rds of Federal +9+ BPLE on top of my nightstand and a spare mag. beside it and in my drawer my carry 36 or 32. Next week could be my 20sf or 21sf rtf2.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.