Glock Pro Forums banner
21 - 30 of 30 Posts

·
Super Moderator
3,270 Posts
I prefer this one

So I decided to just ask my Glocks which one they preferred. They rolled their sights at me and said "Like we care - just feed us more ammo"

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
@GRU7_Mech_ret: That's exactly the Lubricating Oil that I have. I just couldn't decide what CLP to use together with it.

@MtStream: Hahahaha! So true! I guess since it's my first firearm, I am pampering it too much. But then again, it's a special firearm to me since it was given as a gift.

·
Super Moderator
3,270 Posts
@GRU7_Mech_ret: That's exactly the Lubricating Oil that I have. I just couldn't decide what CLP to use together with it.

@MtStream: Hahahaha! So true! I guess since it's my first firearm, I am pampering it too much. But then again, it's a special firearm to me since it was given as a gift.
Glad you found it funny! I did intend for it to just be funny in general. I hope it didn't come across as making fun or your efforts. I think you are doing everything right! You are asking the right questions and doing a great job taking the information and figuring out what your own path will be.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #26 ·
Glad you found it funny! I did intend for it to just be funny in general. I hope it didn't come across as making fun or your efforts. I think you are doing everything right! You are asking the right questions and doing a great job taking the information and figuring out what your own path will be.

Thank you kind Sir! :)

·
Registered
1 Posts
The official line from Glock is that as long as the products are meant for guns, they don’t care. And that’s actually true. Glocks don’t have rust issues and they need very little lubricant.

In general, I like lightweight oil for lubrication. I’m currently using Lucas Extreme Duty Gun Oil (available at a lot of automotive stores as well as online), I’ve only used it a few months but so far it doesn’t seem to be trapping dirt and I like the trigger feel with it. I withhold the right to change my mind but so far so good.

Hoppes will also work just fine. Glock US uses Shooters Choice, but they’ll tell you there’s nothing special about it vs any other lightweight oil that their guns need. Dirt is the real enemy so that’s why they recommend lightweight oil over grease.

Same goes for cleaning, anything meant for a gun will work. I just started using Hoppes 9 foaming barrel cleaner and am liking it.

You only need chemical on the bore of the gun. Everything else can be cleaned with a cloth or brush. If you brush it off frequently it’ll clean up quick. Never put oil or chemicals in the firing pin channel. Keep it dry and clean out with some long qtips a couple times a year.

Maintain your springs and the gun will last multiple lifetimes. I change mine every year on the guns I shoot regularly regardless of the number of rounds. Springs are cheap, yet they are the most important part for protecting the gun and being sure it functions reliably!!

Frog lube extreme best on guns to sure get protection

·
Registered
5 Posts
I use this and wipe it all off when I'm done then holster my weapon.
Break-Free CLP (Bore Cleaning Solvent Lubricant Rust Preventative)

21 - 30 of 30 Posts