Glock Pro Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
2,883 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone used these? I ran across a guy talking about these on a local forum, and I haven't heard of them before. Free shipping over $50 and the 230 gr .45acp is cheaper than the Ranier that I was buying from Midway. I am curious if anyone here uses them. If not well then check them out. Their prices seem to be pretty good.

45 caliber plated pistol bullets

·
Registered
3,134 Posts
I have used a bunch and they're fine. Check out Precision Delta... They're $130 per 1000 230gr FMJ .45. For some reason I can't post a link, but they're a good deal on a good FMJ round.

·
Registered
2,339 Posts
I have used a bunch and they're fine. Check out Precision Delta... They're $130 per 1000 230gr FMJ .45. For some reason I can't post a link, but they're a good deal on a good FMJ round.
Wow that is a great price! I pay that for plated!!!

·
Registered
756 Posts
Has anyone used these? I ran across a guy talking about these on a local forum, and I haven't heard of them before. Free shipping over $50 and the 230 gr .45acp is cheaper than the Ranier that I was buying from Midway. I am curious if anyone here uses them. If not well then check them out. Their prices seem to be pretty good.

45 caliber plated pistol bullets
Really inexpensive! What does the "plated" mean? Do you know if these would be brass casings? I ask because the range I usually go to does not allow aluminum or steel casings (I assume because they are reselling the brass and don't want to sort out the others).

·
Registered
3,134 Posts
Really inexpensive! What does the "plated" mean? Do you know if these would be brass casings? I ask because the range I usually go to does not allow aluminum or steel casings (I assume because they are reselling the brass and don't want to sort out the others).
Plated means that they are lead bullets with a couple of electroplate coats of copper, where "jacketed" as in FMJ, full metal jacket, is a thin copper sheet that is formed over the lead portion. Jacketed is a much more durable finish than plated.

·
Registered
3,134 Posts
Yep, includes shipping as well! I've used, well thousands of the Precision Delta bullets in .45ACP and 9mm. Nice Mississippi folks to deal with too...

·
Registered
2,883 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
These are not finished ammo. This is the bullets only used for hand loading your own ammo. No cases, just the bullet.

·
Registered
3,134 Posts
These are not finished ammo. This is the bullets only used for hand loading your own ammo. No cases, just the bullet.
Thanks for the assist... I didn't even "see" the stuff about "cases"... If I could get 1000 230 gr FMJ "rounds" for $130, I'd consider getting out of all other calibers and maybe get out of reloading!

·
Registered
1,300 Posts
I shoot both the Berry and Ranier plated bullets and really like their performance. With the number of rounds I seem to be shooting every month reloading is the only sensible thing for me to do. Being able to buy 1000 rounds for $120.00 or less only makes good sense. Enjoy they shoot fine with no added residue.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Definitely go with Precision Delta if you can. Berry's are fine. I get them from Cabela's when they are on sale or I need to buy locally, but if you are gonna mail order, I can't find a reason not to use PD. The best thing about Berry's are the plastic boxes they come in...that's how I contain my PD bullets when they come in. :)

·
Registered
39 Posts
I just got through loading 250 rounds of Berry's plated 180 gn .40 S&W. The Berry's bullets have been great for me.

·
Registered
57 Posts
I've used the Berry's bullets when I was reloading for my .357 and .44mag . I used to order mine from Dillon Precision.
Their prices still aren't bad at $34 for 250 180 grain .40 S&W. Berry and Rainier are both pretty decent, but for HOT
loads I still prefer a copper jacket over a copper wash.

David
aka ccoprdc

·
Registered
2,773 Posts
i have used Berry's for .40 S&W, 10mm and 9mm. I buy them locally for about the same price.
They have worked well for me.

·
Registered
6,216 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
I use Berry's bullets for my .45acp and .40 S&W. They shoot good and I usually buy from Cabela's when they
are on sale as I can mail order them. I live in the sticks:)

·
Registered
88 Posts
I Have Shot Thousands of Berry Bullets in The 9mm & 45 ACP with no problems. Berry Recommends when Loading to use middle of the line Velosity & no Hot loads. I haven't tried the PD bullets but will Stick with the Berry Bullets.

·
Registered
597 Posts
Thanks. I'm just getting started in reloading and trying to learn as much as I can. I got 1K or .45ACP and 1K of 9mm Berry's in not long ago and haven't loaded any of them yet. I've been loading .38spl 158gr Berry's lately.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts