Glock Pro Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Banned
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ive been looking at these belly bands seeing them around quite a bit lately. I read some reviews online and most were pretty positive. I was skeptical when I first saw them and thought no way would a 23 be able to fit in that damn thing and stay comfortably without me worrying about it. But i read some reviews from people with 23's and they all sounded satisfied. Just looking for carry not duty or anything. Any experience's with these suckers??? Pro's Con's???

·
Premium Member
2,780 Posts
I looked at them once a long time ago. I just thought that they looked like it would take too long to get to the pistol if it was needed. I skipped on them. But they do appear to offer great concealment.

·
None
1,525 Posts
I have one from a company that is now defunct. At one time it was my primary mode of carry when off duty. I still use it when I need deep cover.

I wear it with the top of the band even with the waistline of my pants. It works really well with a J frame of baby Glock with a shirt tucked over it.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Im very intrested in these bands also. Im also wondering the same about the t-shirts that are out now for carry too. I see the t-shirt and belly band advertised everywhere together for $69.95 and have almost purchased this package about 20 times. Any pros and cons would help wouldnt it rat ta tat tat??

·
Premium Member
5,921 Posts
Well, since VOL called me out on this, I guess I'll tell my horror story. :)

I bought one of these to carry a S&W MP 340 (small revolver) when I was wearing sweat pants or something that didn't allow for a good belt carry. I carried it a bit higher than JL mentions and enjoyed the ability to wear a light weight gun around all day in shorts or whatever without issue. I was at the baseball park with my son's baseball team helping coach some of his teammates at the batting cages. I had them hitting off of a Tee so I was constantly bending over to pickup the ball and place the ball back on the Tee.

I bent over one too many times and the revolver dropped out from under my shirt and hit the fake grass covering the concrete floor in the cages. I saw it coming out and everything went into like slow motion. I grabbed the gun just as it hit the ground and shoved it in my pocket. The kid hitting never saw it and there was no other children around but his Mom was standing there and she saw what happened. She didn't say anything to me but did talk to the Head Coach and he later asked me to make sure it didn't happen again.

I have never, EVER had anything like that happen in almost 20 years of carrying and I haven't wore the belly band since. Again, in the defense of the belly band, it was a great carry option and I possibly was wearing it too high and the bending over action, over and over, caused the firearm to come out. The belly band also came with a velco snap that would have given some additional retention but I thought it was too hard to manipulate quickly so I removed it when I wore it.

Ever since that has happened, I can't bring myself to try it again as I'm too scared of what might have happened in that scenario.

·
Registered
252 Posts
Im very intrested in these bands also. Im also wondering the same about the t-shirts that are out now for carry too. I see the t-shirt and belly band advertised everywhere together for $69.95 and have almost purchased this package about 20 times. Any pros and cons would help wouldnt it rat ta tat tat??
I too was wondering about the t-shirt. Anyone tried it??

·
Premium Member
2,780 Posts
Well, since VOL called me out on this, I guess I'll tell my horror story. :)

I bought one of these to carry a S&W MP 340 (small revolver) when I was wearing sweat pants or something that didn't allow for a good belt carry. I carried it a bit higher than JL mentions and enjoyed the ability to wear a light weight gun around all day in shorts or whatever without issue. I was at the baseball park with my son's baseball team helping coach some of his teammates at the batting cages. I had them hitting off of a Tee so I was constantly bending over to pickup the ball and place the ball back on the Tee.

I bent over one too many times and the revolver dropped out from under my shirt and hit the fake grass covering the concrete floor in the cages. I saw it coming out and everything went into like slow motion. I grabbed the gun just as it hit the ground and shoved it in my pocket. The kid hitting never saw it and there was no other children around but his Mom was standing there and she saw what happened. She didn't say anything to me but did talk to the Head Coach and he later asked me to make sure it didn't happen again.

I have never, EVER had anything like that happen in almost 20 years of carrying and I haven't wore the belly band since. Again, in the defense of the belly band, it was a great carry option and I possibly was wearing it too high and the bending over action, over and over, caused the firearm to come out. The belly band also came with a velco snap that would have given some additional retention but I thought it was too hard to manipulate quickly so I removed it when I wore it.

Ever since that has happened, I can't bring myself to try it again as I'm too scared of what might have happened in that scenario.
Well that certainly sounds embarrassing. Could have been much worse though

·
Registered
71 Posts
So thats it? We dont have anyone other than thelaw to give us pros/cons on the belly band??
By the way, that story is freaking funny thelaw lol. very funny, i bet it was in slow motion! Come on< we have to have more people out there that have the belly band and the new t-shirts.....anyone,anybody????

·
Registered
145 Posts
The belly bands are OK for once and a while use but not what I would call a every day way to carry.I have used one once in a while for my J frame or KelTec.But if used for a heavier gun it is uncomfortable because of how tight you have to wear them.I would not waste my money.

·
Registered
487 Posts
I bought a cheap belly band off of eBay and wear it around the house when I'm wearing gym shorts or sweat pants. The velcro....IT ITCHES! The most comfortable position seems to be up high with the grip resting between the girls. Sometimes I will wear it low with the grip just above my waistband. I also bought a cheap version of Smart Carry and like it a lot better.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.