Glock Pro Forums banner
1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
bought a g27 gen4 from a local gun shop yesterday, the guy had his back to me when he was opening the brand new shipment box. then he turned around with the 27 box that was open but with only 2 mags. i asked him where was the 3rd. mag and he told me that only leos buying them get 3 mags. i didnt put up much of a fight then but if i can get some answers on this i am going back pissed off. they have a section on a wall with mags{glock ones} that they sell for about 27 bucks apeice. do you guys thing this is crap or what? thanks

·
Registered
2,101 Posts
3 mags are standard on all gen4 models. what a douchebag! i would call them and demand the mag, if they don't cough it up, then report them to the BBB!

this is from glockmeister's website:

The surface of the frame is the new Gen4 Rough Textured Frame-scientifically designed, real world tested. A reversible magazine ctach, changeable in seconds, accommodates left-or right-handed operators. Three magazines are standard on all Gen 4 models.
Small, light, accurate and powerful: The GLOCK 27 is the backup weapon for all situations. Because of its comfortable dimensions and the known advantages of the GLOCK pistol family it is very popular by police on patrol duty, which is why many law enforcement agencies issue this subcompact .40 pistol also as an official backup pistol.

·
Registered
248 Posts
If their gunshop got the gun directly from a distributor or directly from Glock, you got scammed. Probably intentionally but not necessarily. If they are a Glock Stocking Dealer, they violated their contract with Glock and I'd call up Glock and tell them.

It's possible, if they bought the gun from another dealer, that the original dealer who received it from the distributor took the third mag.

But yes, all Gen4's come with three magazines. If it were me and I knew that the seal on the box was intact before the guy opened it, I'd never shop there again.

·
Premium Member
2,780 Posts
I haven't bought a sub-compact as of yet but all the Gen 4s I have bought so far come with three mags. I don't see where there subs would be any different.

·
Premium Member
2,780 Posts

·
Registered
1,962 Posts
Scammed by the dealer .... or he is just going playing by old rules.

Back in the day when participating dealers started selling Blue Label guns to GSSF members and a select few other non LEOs it was up to the dealer what they did with the 3rd magazine. My local dealer would give me the 3rd but I have heard that many didn't. The label said 3 MAGAZINES but they only have you 2. GLOCK didn't really get involved. Back them BLUE LABEL subs only shipped with 2 mags though ... all compacts and full sized guns had 3 in the box.

Fast forward to today ... all Gen4 guns ship with 3 mags regardless of the intended market and regardless of frame size. So ... the dealer should have given you all 3 mags.

My guess is someone doing this probably over charges for their guns too. What'd you pay?

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
they have a table full of glock mags. for sale usually27.00 on up. thats probably their scam. i don't know if they are open mon. mlk day but i can't wait to go in tues. maybe ill through around how i can call glock. kinda cheesy for a stinking mag but i payed for it and didn't even get a kiss lol. thank guys again very imformative.

·
Registered
1,962 Posts
556.00 before taxes
GULP.

In my area full blown retail at any normal (read NOT a big box store) would be $499ish before taxes.

However, you can get better deals if you joing GSSF. GSSF membership is $35 per year and you get to purchase one discounted gun per yet. Your sub would have been $425 plus tax and shipping, if necessary.

As a GLOCK Armorer (which you can be as a GSSF member) your price goes down to $398 plus tax and shipping, if applicable.

I just picked up a NIB OD G17 for $440 OTD, including shipping and tax. I had it shipped from a participating GSSF dealer to my local shop to save me the gas driving an hour each way. The $15 shipping was less than I would have spent in gas and time.

·
Premium Member
3,884 Posts
The label on the factory box is marked with the number of magazines that were included with the pistol when it left the factory. For example, at the bottom of the label on the box of my new G22 Gen4, it says "3 15RD". Your box should be marked in a similar fashion.

There are cases when a new Glock will have only two magazines, such as when they are shipped with factory adjustable sights. That said, if your box is marked for 3 magazines, I think you have a reason to either ask the dealer to give you the third magazine, or contact Glock and tell them about the dealer's behavior.

He didn't just "scam" you, he stole from you.

It's theft, pure and simple.

Chris

·
Premium Member
5,921 Posts
That sucks. Let us know how wit worked out with the dealer once you've had a chance to talk to them. Good luck.

·
Premium Member
2,780 Posts
Yeah, good luck. Sounds like you are probably going to need it unless your a regular customer there.

·
Registered
361 Posts
GULP.

In my area full blown retail at any normal (read NOT a big box store) would be $499ish before taxes.

However, you can get better deals if you joing GSSF. GSSF membership is $35 per year and you get to purchase one discounted gun per yet. Your sub would have been $425 plus tax and shipping, if necessary.

As a GLOCK Armorer (which you can be as a GSSF member) your price goes down to $398 plus tax and shipping, if applicable.

I just picked up a NIB OD G17 for $440 OTD, including shipping and tax. I had it shipped from a participating GSSF dealer to my local shop to save me the gas driving an hour each way. The $15 shipping was less than I would have spent in gas and time.
by shop do you mean ffl?

·
Super Moderator
7,030 Posts
The label on the factory box is marked with the number of magazines that were included with the pistol when it left the factory. For example, at the bottom of the label on the box of my new G22 Gen4, it says "3 15RD". Your box should be marked in a similar fashion.

There are cases when a new Glock will have only two magazines, such as when they are shipped with factory adjustable sights. That said, if your box is marked for 3 magazines, I think you have a reason to either ask the dealer to give you the third magazine, or contact Glock and tell them about the dealer's behavior.
This is exactly what I was going to write!

This is proof of what you should get...

I think some of the northern Georgia stores sell Glocks for less than other areas... Close proximity to the Glock factory maybe... When I went to buy my first 4th genGlock, several stores said they were more expensive because they came with an extra magazine...

·
Registered
248 Posts
Most gunshops get their guns from a distributor(middleman) or from other gun dealers. Very few dealers get their Glocks directly from Glock Inc, and they're referred to as Glock Stocking Dealers. You can check if that shop is a Glock Stocking Dealer by searching here: http://teamglock.com/dealerLocator.aspx

If they're not a Glock Stocking Dealer, Glock won't care and there wouldn't be anything they could do about it. The gunshop's distributor probably wouldn't care either.

If they took the mag in the first place, they won't care about making it right anyway. The way they probably look at it is that it doesn't matter how they received it, they sell it to you with the accessories they want to include with it and if customers don't like it they can shop somewhere else. I wouldn't waste my time with them, I'd just shop elsewhere from now on.

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Sure is funny, called gun shop today who by the way is a glock stocking dealer. and asked why i got two mags instead of three for my gen 4. the girl put me on hold then came back and said it's because the third one is for leo's . i told her they are misinformed and that i needed an ffl # she said to hold then came back and said come in to get your third mag. what a shame this gun shop has been in this area for as long as i can remember and im 48 yrs. old. when i go to pic it up better have a box of ammo to go with it. if it wasn't for you guy's helping me out i probably wouldn't have had a third mag untill i bought a 23 mag to go with it. OUTSTANDING FORUM. THANKS AGAIN !!!! KOJA

1 - 20 of 36 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.