Glock Pro Forums banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,921 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Well, the storm has moved into GA and things are getting bad. I'm listening to the local S.O. and every call is for a wreck, stranded vehicles, off the roadway etc.. There was a 10-15 car accident at our Barrow/Walton County line.

They are closing roadways and the DOT told our County that they weren't coming back out until the snow stopped. :eek:

JL is just SW of me and I'm sure he's getting it bad too.

If anyone is interested, you can go here http://www.radioreference.com/apps/audio/?stid=13

to listen in on the fun...

·
Super Moderator
7,027 Posts
Pretty cool...

I'm listening to the "Barrow County Sheriff" audio feed... Is that what you're listening to?

·
Premium Member
5,921 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Pretty cool...

I'm listening to the "Barrow County Sheriff" audio feed... Is that what you're listening to?
Yeah, I'm listening to Barrow County as well as Oconee, which is just below and to the right of my county.

·
Super Moderator
7,027 Posts
That's a great interface for all the counties in Georgia... I'm trying to find a similar link for Florida...

·
Super Moderator
7,027 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,921 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Pretty cool...

By the way, the Barrow Sheriff, Fire and EMS feed is better than the one you were listening to. FYI

·
Premium Member
5,921 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I've been on duty all night and will be at the office all day. At least today when I am asleep at my desk I will have a good excuse. LOL
LOL. I bet the Sheriff is next door snoring away too. :)

I'm still here if you need me. Not sure what I can do but want to make sure you know I'd give it the ol' college try to get there...

·
Registered
1,962 Posts
I just took the dog out and measured a few spots around my lawn at between 4-6 inches. The drifts are between 8-10.

I love snow. I hate ICE.

Please GOD .... leave the power on for us. As long as we have power I don't really care how many days we're stuck inside.

·
Premium Member
5,921 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I just took the dog out and measured a few spots around my lawn at between 4-6 inches. The drifts are between 8-10.

I love snow. I hate ICE.

Please GOD .... leave the power on for us. As long as we have power I don't really care how many days we're stuck inside.
You've got that right. I'm all stocked up and ready to go for days but loss of power sucks. My biggest issue is I get bored quickly. :)

Just watched on local channel 11, a guy in a BMW trying to drive up a hill. He was foot to the floor, spinning his wheels too the point that his car caught on fire. LOL

He said, "I was losing traction and I didn't understand why". Uh, Mister - it's snowing and Icy out there. Maybe that's why you were losing traction.... :rolleyes:

·
Registered
2,773 Posts
Woke up at 5:00 AM to about 4 inches of snow. Now up to 6-7 inches and still snowing hard. Totally agree on the ice and power!

·
Super Moderator
7,027 Posts
I've been on duty all night and will be at the office all day. At least today when I am asleep at my desk I will have a good excuse. LOL
Hang in there, jl...

·
Super Moderator
7,027 Posts

I love snow. I hate ICE.

I assume you don't rely on electric heat?

Hope they keep the power on for you...

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.