Glock Pro Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,780 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Finally made it home from vacation. Went to Florida and took my daughter to Disney World and took in a few of the other tourist traps. I thought vacation was supposed to be relaxing....I'm beat. Looking back on it we probably should have flown versus the 14 hours drive each way but we did save money and I think some headache (not having to mess with the TSA) by driving. Not to mention some of the sights we took in. Amoung other things we stopped in Savannah Georgia and saw the old parts of town.

The heat in Florida was horrible not too mention the crowds of course seems everyone wanted to be where ever we were. But, my little one had a good time so it was worth it all. She has already placed her vote for vacation next year wanting to go back. I keep telling her we will see and that next year is a long way off but she is already excited about the possibility of going back.

So, how has vacation been for those of you that have already done something this year?

·
Premium Member
5,921 Posts
I'm headed down to Florida in a few weeks. I'm going the other route though. We found a nice beach house on the ocean, away from the masses. I can drive into town for a day or two if we want to crowds but we'll be spending much of our time relaxing on the beach. I have two smaller children, 5 and 8 but they'll be more than happy to run around don the beach all day.

I'm also much closer to FL than you are so the drive won't be as bad. Once we become parents, it really becomes all about them. I could care less to ever go back to Disney but with a 5 year old daughter, I know I'll be going again. We are just waiting until she is old enough to really appreciate it. If I have to deal with all the idiots, she better have a fantastic time! :)

edit to add- I always try to take an extra day off when I return so I can have time to let things get back to normal. Next year, we are headed to Hawaii for our 10th year anniversary. 10 days, long flights, out of my element... not sure how well that trip is going to go. :)

·
Premium Member
2,780 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah, the wife and I had our 10th anniversary while we were in Florida. It was the day after our Disney adventure actually. We all slept in until almost 1 in the afternoon. We went out to a nice restaurant that evening. All in all it was one of the most uneventful but best days of the trip for the wife and I. Probably not so much for our daughter but she was really tired to so she didn't complain about sleeping in or just being lazy for a day. LOL

·
Premium Member
5,921 Posts
WOW! You're lucky. My 5 year old is like an alarm clock. If I can get her to sleep until 7 AM, I'm lucky. My son will sleep until about 9 if I let him but not my daughter. :(

·
Premium Member
2,780 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
My daughter was soooo exhausted she didn't even make it out of the "minnie" area of the parking lot. Much less the actual parking lot itself. I have never seen a kid actually lay down in the back seat while in a booster seat. Mine found a way. When we got back to the condo she woke up long enough to eat some watermelon then it was off to bed and I had to get her up the next day or else she wouldn't have gotten up then. (1 oclock that is)

·
Registered
289 Posts
Yeah next time youll have to visit some of the relaxing coastal cities. The heat does suck right now too. Sounds like u had fun though.

·
Premium Member
2,780 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
There were plans to spend a day at Daytona Beach but that didn't work out. There is always next year I guess

·
Super Moderator
6,946 Posts
This is the start of Florida's summer... June, July, August, and September are our hottest months... and it's pretty hot and humid this year, although I've had rain every day for the last two weeks...

Let me know if either of you guys ever make it down to Florida's West Coast... We have nice beaches in St. Petersburg and Clearwater... Would be nice to get together for dinner or something...

·
Registered
289 Posts
Huh... Ive lived in florida my whole life an have been all down the east coast even to the keys but never been to the west coast. I heard the st pete area is fun.

·
Registered
2,773 Posts
Sanibel is my favorite place in Florida, but not this time of year!

·
Registered
127 Posts
Glad you have fun. Definately try to make it down to the west coast next time. Have quite a few friends in Naples and love the area. Also if your ever near palm beach county let me know and Ill try and get you out for some offshore fishing.

·
Premium Member
2,780 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
This is the start of Florida's summer... June, July, August, and September are our hottest months... and it's pretty hot and humid this year, although I've had rain every day for the last two weeks...

Let me know if either of you guys ever make it down to Florida's West Coast... We have nice beaches in St. Petersburg and Clearwater... Would be nice to get together for dinner or something...
Glad you have fun. Definately try to make it down to the west coast next time. Have quite a few friends in Naples and love the area. Also if your ever near palm beach county let me know and Ill try and get you out for some offshore fishing.
Thanks for the offers fellas. Might try to take you guys up on it next year. How far of a drive is it from Orlando to where you guys are talking about? I am trying to get my brother to bring his family along next year. While the women would care much for it he, and I would really get into the fishing thing.

·
Registered
127 Posts
Thanks for the offers fellas. Might try to take you guys up on it next year. How far of a drive is it from Orlando to where you guys are talking about? I am trying to get my brother to bring his family along next year. While the women would care much for it he, and I would really get into the fishing thing.
I am in palm beach county and am about a two and half hour drive away from orlando.

·
Premium Member
2,780 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
1 - 14 of 14 Posts