Glock Pro Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Administrator
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all,

Over the next few days we will be implementing some changes to our forum password strength and password expiration policies. To make sure you continue having the best experience possible on the community, we regularly monitor the site and the Internet to keep everyone's account information safe. We've recently become aware of a potential risk to some accounts coming from outside of this community. Just to be safe, we are implementing the following changes to improve security even further:

1) We are asking everyone to change their passwords (and will force a one time reset). Along with every user on the forum, new passwords will need to be more complex, and can't be simple words (sorry, you can't have "fluffy" as your password anymore!). Please use a password unique to this community. Reusing passwords can expose your account indirectly when other websites (Twitter, Linkedin, Badoo, etc) are compromised; and

2) Your passwords will expire on a 365 day basis. When you login on the 366th day, you will have to change it.

We'll also be sending out an email to users to let them know about the changes, in upcoming weeks.

Thanks all,

Helena

Community Management

·
Super Moderator
6,503 Posts
I believe one can not reuse the same password.

Have you tried making a new one ?

·
Registered
18 Posts
I have requested a username/password at least a dozen times and nothing worked until the last time, and yes I can see myself messing it up a time or two but not that much. I have tried my original password and or username many times. Even the passwords that I was sent did not work. When I first signed up for this site I never had a problem. I am not much of a forum guy but there is a lot of great info on this site and would like to continue using it. Also when I try changing the password that was sent to my password it would kick me out. Please, If something can be done do so. Thank you very much

·
Administrator
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I have requested a username/password at least a dozen times and nothing worked until the last time, and yes I can see myself messing it up a time or two but not that much. I have tried my original password and or username many times. Even the passwords that I was sent did not work. When I first signed up for this site I never had a problem. I am not much of a forum guy but there is a lot of great info on this site and would like to continue using it. Also when I try changing the password that was sent to my password it would kick me out. Please, If something can be done do so. Thank you very much
Hey there,

I have sent you an email that will allow you to reset your password.
Give it a shot through there, and clear your browsers cache and cookies.
Let me know if that works, otherwise I will manually set you up with another password.

Let us know,

Richard.

·
Registered
1,006 Posts
Hello... My wife "Chills" has not been too active lately and can't log in with her password as she used to. Could/Would you please re-set it and give instructions as to how to remake her own...Thanks,
Mike Kriegbaum/ConquestN98858 (Wife: Chills w/last pw????)

·
Administrator
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I have sent over a password reset email. Let them know to follow the instructions in it and they will be provided with a temp password.

Let us know if there is any issue.

- Jb

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.