Glock Pro Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I understand. but the price was 28$ for a 33 and a 15 for my 19. And from what I have been reading on this and ohter forums they seem to get good reviews. I bought my gun during the AWban and had to buy a McGar I believe, it was all steel and worked well. I now have a glock 14 round and I still have the original 10 rd glock mags. They have some value. I had a steel 33 rd mag from USA mag that worked well but I went thgough this in the 90s. Where mags went from almost worthless to Ruger 10/22 mags selling for 98$ each and up. I don't think that there will be any banning of mags but I thought that just in case I would buy a couple for the old 19. I also picked up an extra for the SR9.

·
Registered
409 Posts
It's your money, and your gun. You asked for advice, not a debate.

Buy whatever you want, but when people say "I only use Glock magazines." it's for a reason.... they don't trust the asian mags.

You can rationalize all you want and come up with all the reasons to buy the korean mags.

Like I said, it's your money.

·
Registered
431 Posts
Cheaper than Dirt in their catalog under 9mm mags has a deal I could not pass up. Two mags along with a dual mag holder all for $9.97 for the G19 (regular capacity)! I saw the same thing in a gun store for $44. I tried the Korean mags and they worked great but I am saving them as 'range mags' and carry the OEM mags for CCW. Just a piece of mind thing.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I don't use my glock for CCW I have a TCP as I can carry it and not even know its there. I also use my SR9 for car carry. I just felt that if these mags are OK then for that price I will put a few away just in case we cant get them.

·
Registered
465 Posts
I say for range use or to practice reloads at the range where you drop the mags to the floor there is nothing wrong in going with the cheap asian mags as long as they work fine. For the price I would rather have one of those break than the OEM mags.

Like texcowboy says I use OEM unmodified for carry

·
Premium Member
5,854 Posts
Agreed, for range, I might buy some, although I haven't. For carry, nothing but GLOCK OEM mags.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
The online shop had a sale so I changed my order, I bouight an original Glock 33rd mag and Korean 15rd mag and they offred a free shooting glasses and ear plugs and 5.99 flat rate shipping. I got all for 45$ could not pass that up. Good buy.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I just bought a 33 rd. drop free and 15 rd drop free Asian mag for 28 shipped. Has anyone ever had any experience with this mag? Hopefully good.
Hey edteach,

Before I bought the KCI mags I read many reviews saying that they were junk. Here's my review:

My EDC is a stock G23. I purchased a Lone Wolf .40 - 9 conversion barrel that I take to the range about every 3 months or so. I'll shoot some .40 ammo then change over to 9mm. At the time I purchased the conversion barrel (about 9 months ago) I bought 4 KCI G17 mags and one KCI 33 rounder. I figured that if I had failures at the range I could practice clearing the failure and get back in action. The mags cost me $7.99 for two plus the the double mag pouch came with it. The 33 rounder was $12.99. Heck of a deal. After 900 plus rounds of 9mm Federal Champion, PMC and or WWB in FMJ, I have not had one failure. The 3 failures I have had with the G23 were with the G23 .40 mags using WWB FMJ. Of the failures, 2 were stove pipes and one was a failure to feed using Winchester JHP. I now use Speer Gold Dots. I've fired over 600 rounds of .40 through the G23.

To me, the KCI's are worth it. I have no intention of using them to conceal carry, however, but I could. Your mileage may vary...

That's my story and I'm sticking to it.

bobkat

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I don't think that these mags are bad or that Glock is the only company that cam made good mags for the g19. I justed decided to go with the Glock mag because if they do get baned the OEM will go for much more. I have a steel mag from USA that is a 30rd mag that works great. I though I would also pick up a KI 15 round mag at 5.99 how can you beat that? I could have had 3 KI mags 33 rd for the price I paid but I got Cdnn to back off the order and I got the 5.99 shipping so I figured I would just get the glock mag. Its a lot like the stigma that Smit got for the Sigma. I bought this gun and it was flawless. I removed the pigtail spring and replaced the sear spring and the trigger was about 80% better. But you would not believe the crap I got from people who thought it was an inferior gun. I sold it because I wanted the Ruger SR9 with ambi. mag and safety for me being lefthanded. I am not a brand loyal junkie. I go for the best deal and these KI mags are great deals as long as they work well.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.