Glock Pro Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Super Moderator
3,031 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I finally received my last spare parts order that I placed back in November. I know things have been tough at Glock with demand so high + COVID so the delay didn’t surprise me. It also wasn’t surprising that they stopped selling parts on their web store (they’ve done that before when demand for guns was high).

What is a surprise is the disappearance of the certified armorer’s parts order form from their downloadable materials. It’s a key reference document so I’m really surprised they pulled it even if they weren’t going to accept orders for awhile.

To be honest it’s removal is a little disconcerting. One of the expectations Glock has, based on the honor system, is armorers don’t buy spare parts and resell them. With the “assemble your own Glock craze” I’ve wondered if that was being abused. The other concern I’ve had is Glock has always kept the price of their spare parts down - flat out cheap compared to other companies. Now that there are SO many knockoffs using Glock parts, do you think they’ll continue to keep the price of parts down?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
6,216 Posts
I would think that just as the 1911 has OEM/aftermarket parts available from every machine shop in the business, so will Glock.

Will they get proprietary with their parts ?

Let's hope not.

·
Registered
1,545 Posts
My certificate ran out during the past summer. Now I'm trying to find an seat in a class near me. I'm sure more will open up as covid restrictions ease.

Thanks for the link medic.

Gaz

·
Super Moderator
3,031 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The Glock armorer's parts list/order form is still there, you just have to dig around for it. Here is the link I have:

I think this might be an archive page Medic. The url is .../US/old/us-site and I can’t find the document anywhere on Glock’s current site. Even if it is, I’m not sure the removal means anything more than “not now.” At least I sure hope it doesn’t. I’d hate to see prices/access change because of the knockoffs.

If anyone gets a class, let us know what,
If anything, they say.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 5 of 5 Posts