Will you vote tomorrow?

• I'm not Old enought to vote.

Votes: 0 0.0%
1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,921 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wanted to get Out the Vote! Who here is voting tomorrow, or may have already voted through early voting?

·
Premium Member
5,921 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I've been studying my ballot over the last week or so and I have also reviewed the constitutional amendments that I will be voting on tomorrow. I think it is important to express my opinion in politics via one of the few ways I have available. I will also be taking my children and discussing the importance of doing my civil duty.

·
Super Moderator
7,027 Posts
Yep, I'll be voting...

I never vote early... I like going down and voting in person... Not sure why... I always have...

This is going to be an interesting election...

·
Premium Member
5,921 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I am starting to have a problem with early voting. I think there are some cases where it is necessary, just like with absentee voting but on the other hand, I think it is getting out of hand. I think there should be a reason why one should need to early vote. Going to be out of town on business, scheduled surgeries, that type of thing. I'm sure it would be difficult to monitor but I see it as a way for voter fraud and I think there is already way too much of that going on as it is.

·
Registered
3,134 Posts
If you don't vote... You've got no right to bitch.... And in these times there's much to bitch about! I've already voted and all my family as well... Not to upset anyone regarding the "issue" of early voting, I just think we should vote, I don't care when...

·
Banned
44 Posts
If I vote or don't vote is not going to change the outcome of anything. Me voting is not gonna change the economy, the amount of jobs, healthcare, whatever the case is. And I dont "bitch" about anything because it is ALL wayyyy out of my hands and pretty much out of everyone's hands. Things are way too F***ed up! Why go out of my way during the day to go make a vote that is not going to matter or change anything.

·
Registered
1,962 Posts
I vote early as it is MUCH more convenient for me. I don't see there is any more potential for fraud this way over doing it on election day at your normal polling place. I am a POLL worker for the first time this year and understand the process better now. It's all good.

Side note TheLaw ... stupid law in GA but the kids can't actually push the buttons on the ballot machine. I know, it's lame but only the actual voter or their representative can ... and kids aren't on the enumerated list of acceptable representatives. My spouse always takes our daughter with her too. They discuss the process, issues, etc. O loves it.

·
Registered
197 Posts
If I vote or don't vote is not going to change the outcome of anything. Me voting is not gonna change the economy, the amount of jobs, healthcare, whatever the case is. And I dont "bitch" about anything because it is ALL wayyyy out of my hands and pretty much out of everyone's hands. Things are way too F***ed up! Why go out of my way during the day to go make a vote that is not going to matter or change anything.
It is actually pretty sad that you feel that way! I see it a little different....voting is one of the few ways that I can actually help change things. Your mentality is one of the primary reasons that the "ACTUAL" majority of U.S. citizens sometimes don't get the results they want from elections. Whether you think so or not, your vote does make a difference.

·
Banned
44 Posts
How are you helping to change anything? Whether you vote or not, its not going to affect the outcome. And as far as not getting results that people want....it truly doesnt matter who is president, senator, congressman, whatever. Things are so screwed up now that if Jesus Christ himself came down from heaven and became president of the US it wouldnt help. If u wanna vote go for it but its pointless.

·
Registered
2,773 Posts
I voted today and would go back and do it again if I thought I could get away with it!:D

·
Premium Member
5,921 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
How are you helping to change anything? Whether you vote or not, its not going to affect the outcome. And as far as not getting results that people want....it truly doesnt matter who is president, senator, congressman, whatever. Things are so screwed up now that if Jesus Christ himself came down from heaven and became president of the US it wouldnt help. If u wanna vote go for it but its pointless.
You say you don't complain and then go on to complain about had bad things are screwed up. You ask how a voter is helping to change things? Well, let's see. A voter who at least takes the time to do some basic research on the candidates and makes the best decision giving his/her choice can put people into positions to make changes to how things currently are. Change (regardless of which way you want the change to go) starts at the local level and goes up from there. Voting in people the reflect your values and opinions is the best way to turn things the way you want them.

Or, you can not vote and let people who have no idea who they are voting for make the decisions for you. What do you suggest is the fix since "Jesus Christ himself couldn't fix things"?

·
Premium Member
2,780 Posts
I thought the Republicans were to vote on the 3rd. Kidding, kidding we all know it is the Democrats who are supposed to go vote on the 3rd;)

·
Premium Member
5,921 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I thought the Republicans were to vote on the 3rd. Kidding, kidding we all know it is the Democrats who are supposed to go vote on the 3rd;)
Yeah, I don't know where you got your info from but Republicans and Independents vote today, Democrats and Liberals vote tomorrow. Everyone knows that! :)

·
Banned
44 Posts
I wasnt complaining about how screwed up this country is. I was just making my case that voting is pointless. And you doing research on candidates is even dumber! Your wasting more of your time investing in some schmuck trying to make a name for himself, and that candidate isnt going to change a damn thing. Again it doesnt matter who is in office locally or nation wide. I dont really care i just think itshilarious how people get real into it and defensive. Why get worked up over something you cant control?

·
Premium Member
5,921 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I wasnt complaining about how screwed up this country is. I was just making my case that voting is pointless. And you doing research on candidates is even dumber! Your wasting more of your time investing in some schmuck trying to make a name for himself, and that candidate isnt going to change a damn thing. Again it doesnt matter who is in office locally or nation wide. I dont really care i just think itshilarious how people get real into it and defensive. Why get worked up over something you cant control?
That's because you're 22 years old.

·
Registered
3,134 Posts
It is your right not to vote, just as it is my right to vote. Personally, I would never promote your position, but it is a free country.....right?

·
Registered
197 Posts
If u wanna vote go for it but its pointless.
I did vote...and am pretty proud that I took the time to do so! And with your pathetically bleak outlook on life, it is probably a good thing that you don't vote anyway!

Peace!

·
Premium Member
5,921 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Let's not let this thread turn nasty. I would bet that everyone here thought they have everything figured out when they were in their late teens/early twenties. Nothing wrong with Rat Ta Tat choosing not to vote. I'm sure he will learn as time goes on that if you aren't happy with the way things are going, you have to stand up and do "something" about it.

·
Premium Member
5,921 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Well, voting went well for my wife and I. We took the kids and discussed the process with them. This is the second time my kids have gone voting with me and won't be the last. I'll explain the importance to them each time we go too. Turn out was light at my polling place, but I live in a pretty rural area and my precinct is small so it's never been very busy. I cast my ballot and received my "I'm a GA Voter" sticker which I will wear proudly today!

1 - 20 of 48 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.