Glock Pro Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
2,883 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just went to Walmart to get groceries and as always I strolled through the sporting goods section and they had two different AR's in the display. An optics ready Sig for $879 and another one I can't remember the brand but it was a carry handle version for $949. I couldn't believe, Walmart of all places.

·
Registered
1,142 Posts
wow, our walmart only carries muzzleloaders. no other guns at all.

·
Registered
2,883 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
wow, our walmart only carries muzzleloaders. no other guns at all.
Zenas, I guess that's one of the benefits of living in the south. You can get just about everything at Walmart now. This one has always sold guns. I bought my. 410 Mossberg and my Remington 700 7mm, but I was taken back when I was the black guns there.

·
Registered
6,216 Posts
Many years back, when our Walleye World decided that it was not in the best interests of the "common good" to sell firearms, and made it their decision to sell off the inventory and never sell weapons again, some of us were lucky to get the deals they ran just to empty the inventory line on the Corporate print out.

I picked up a Mossberg 12 gauge Bird Gun with a cool heavy black bead finish on it for a song and a dance ....... crapp ! there goes the next "what is it ?"

·
Registered
419 Posts
My dad ( who is now 50 )purchased his first rifle when he was my age ( 23 ) at walmart. husqvarna .270 win with the muser (spelling ) action. He gave it to me a few months ago. Great gun.

·
Registered
779 Posts
My friend found the Sevierville Wal-Mart had em too and sent me a pic the other day. Doesn't really surprise me considering all the other firearms they tend to carry depending on location.

·
Registered
2,883 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
My friend found the Sevierville Wal-Mart had em too and sent me a pic the other day. Doesn't really surprise me considering all the other firearms they tend to carry depending on location.
It only surprised me, just due to the fact that how corporate Walmart is. The stores around here have always carried a good selection of hunting rifles, but I thought it to be quite unusual for them to bring in assault rifles. The Sig was marked .223 Hunter though.

·
Registered
2,773 Posts
I need to check out Wally World. Have never seen anything other than Savage shotguns and slingshots at our store, and its in the south!!!

·
Registered
2,883 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I need to check out Wally World. Have never seen anything other than Savage shotguns and slingshots at our store, and its in the south!!!
Rowdie, We have 3 within 15 miles in the Raleigh, Garner, Clayton area. 2 of the 3 carry guns. The one in Clayton has a larger selection than the other 2. I guess it depends on the store.

·
Registered
6,216 Posts
I guess trying to thrive on an island that is only 3 miles wide and 25 miles long sets the arena for what you will sell and make money on. We have a Academy Sports and Outdoors that sell all handguns and long-guns and they do not seem to have a problem with staying in business.

Maybe Walleye needs to take another look at their no gun policy .........

:rolleyes:

·
Registered
76 Posts
Yep got em' here too. I couldn't believe my eyes! I had to pull out the phone and snap a pic........

·
Registered
2,883 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·

·
Registered
6,216 Posts
Both had 10 round mags.
What's up with that ?

I thought all that went away when Slick Willie did ........

:cool:

·
Registered
6,216 Posts
Yah, my badd, I forgot there are still some places that live in the Neanderthal days of thinking ....

·
Registered
2,773 Posts
I checked out the local Walmart this morning and sure enough, they had the Sig with no optics. It would be interesting to know how many they sell.

·
Registered
76 Posts
1 - 20 of 24 Posts