Glock Pro Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,962 Posts
I've seen the chart for years as well. A lot of it is lost on me anyway though as I either don't understand the details of the differences/options or find them not applicable for my intended use of the platform.

I am not a "if you build it, it will shoot" kind of guy. For that that are ... good for you. I personally will stick with complete rifles or at least complete uppers/lowers to mis-match.

I have pretty much narrowed down the brands I would consider for any future AR purchases to the following;
S&W M&P line (I already have one)
Daniel Defense
Rock River Arms (I had one previously)
Spike's Tactical
Noveske

That order isn't exactly set in stone but S&W and DD would be the two I personally would be looking the closest at. This is based on my experience with my M&P and lots and lots of reading. I can't give specifics on features that made me decide this. It's more about the overall quality and value each of these offers.

·
Registered
1,962 Posts
That was definitely part of my research, but also where they're made and how. I wanted the SBR for a couple of different reasons: 1) being short 5'6" when I kneel it doesn't shove the barrel into the dirt with a single point sling, and 2) easy to manuveur in rooms, cars, etc. Only changes I made were Magpul fore, pistol and butt. I liked the Magpul MOE because I can add rails if I want, otherwise simple is better.
It appears we are of similar size & taste.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.