Glock Pro Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,921 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here is a link to a chart that has tons of information on the AR platform. I found this chart while searching over at M4carbine.net. The owner/creator of the chart is Rob_s, and I have re-posted this link with his specific permission. You can find information about Rob_s here. I found the information to be very helpful and has me wanting to sell my current AR platform and purchase one that is a little further to the Left on the chart. A S&W to be specific.

I hope you find the chart informative as I did.

AR Chart - http://spreadsheets.google.com/pub?key=pwswheghNQsEuEhjFwPrgTA&single=true&gid=5&output=html

·
Premium Member
5,921 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Before hopping on "the soapbox", I want to first say that I admire Rob_S for the time he took to develop such a detailed write-up on the important characteristics of an AR. I used it extensively while learning aboout the AR platform before I made my first AR purchase (Daniel Defense M4v2). Incredible tool IF USED PROPERLY!

My issue with the chart is that most people today reference this chart only when comparing the manufacturers listed on the chart. The flaw with the current chart is that the data is 5+ years old. Most of the manufacturers have produced numerous newer versions with higher quality parts and improved manufacturing and testing procedures.

The best way to use the chart is to pick several ARs that you are interested in and insert them into your own chart and compare current models against each other that way.

I have read that Rob_S is trying to update the data on the chart. The only issue is that that will soon be outdated as fast as this market is changing.

Stepping down now!!
I think that is an excellent point and one I did not think of. Might be good to do as you said and use this chart to find out the important piece of information on a AR one might be thinking about purchasing.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.