Glock Pro Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
431 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Glock 19 9mm 15rd Drop Free Mag New Asian Military, has anyone used these?

They are very low in cost, but is it worth the money savings?

·
None
1,525 Posts
I don't use them, and I certainly wouldn't carry them.

The OEM Glock mags really aren't expensive enough to look at the aftermarket mags.

The only aftermarket mag-maker that I trust is Mecgar, and they make the OEM mags for numerous companies.

·
Premium Member
844 Posts
I don't use them either. I have read with some work you can make them reliable (see GT) but they will only use them for range mags, not for SD carry. I myself do not want to sort my mags. I want to grab and go and not think if I grabbed the right mags or the wrong mags. Some mark range mag only, but to me the only time I mark a mag is if I suspect a problem with a mag. You can never go wrong with Glock mags period IMO

·
Premium Member
5,921 Posts
At my local dealer the cost savings is about $3.00 a mag. It's not worth $3.00 to me to by non-Glock mags.

·
Registered
431 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
OK, just asking since I found Asian mags for $5.99 and the cheapest I can fine Glocks mags are $26.95

·
Registered
31 Posts
A local dealer here has some sort of drop-free "Korean" magazines that he's selling for $15 a piece in which they're clones in appearance(except for missing the Glock logo)but obviously I can't say anything in their reliability & function outside of them smoothly dropping free.

While the idea of saving over $40 for four of them is tempting, I've been learning my listens about taking the cheap way out of things so I don't think I'll buy them.

·
Super Moderator
7,027 Posts
Glockparts.com has genuine Glock magazines for $24.95... Saves you a couple of bucks at least.

http://glockparts.com/Detail.aspx?PROD=6631&CAT=704

I have heard that Glockparts.com is a good reputable place to buy. I plan to buy my next magazines there.

·
Premium Member
5,921 Posts
That's clearly much cheaper than my local dealer is selling them for but I would still have to pay for shipping. I think I can get G19 magas for like $22.00 or so when he has them in stock. Since it's local, I just stop in, so no shipping. I hadn't personally seen them for $6.00 but I still don't think I'd give them a try.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.