Glock Pro Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,962 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I love my dog.

Post 'em up. Let's see your animals.

My boy was being raised to be a assistance dog for the mentally and physically handicapped for a group called Canine Companions for Independence. He didn't graduate so he is now our pet.

His sister is a working hearing dog. She helps a wonderful young family in another state. Luckily, they keep in touch with us and we've been able to watch them grow. I'll post pics of her in a minute.

·
Registered
59 Posts
My Brittany "Rummy" who passed last year after faithfully spending 13.5 years as my best friend and hunting companion. Still miss her!

My current best friend, "Halo"...the vicious pitbull who wants nothing more but to jump on your lap and lick you to death!

·
Registered
1,962 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I'm glad you kept the pit. I recall you looking for a home for her last year (or was it earlier this year). Pits get a bad rep and it's not fault of their own. The same happened with Doberman Pinschers and Rottweilers and GSDs. All I have known personally have been excellent companion animals and very loving family members. The problem with an animal is almost always the "people".

·
Registered
59 Posts
I'm glad you kept the pit. I recall you looking for a home for her last year (or was it earlier this year). Pits get a bad rep and it's not fault of their own. The same happened with Doberman Pinschers and Rottweilers and GSDs. All I have known personally have been excellent companion animals and very loving family members. The problem with an animal is almost always the "people".
No, this one was mine. The one I was looking for a home for was my daughter's and it eventually did find a good family.

·
Premium Member
844 Posts
My beagle has been with me for 10 yrs come Jan 24. She is like one of my kids and is faithful and true and spoiled rotten like my grandbaby. She is starting to show her age when she romps with the younger dogs but she still joins in, just stiffens up later. She has been mentioned in earlier posts so most of you might have read about of her already.

·
None
1,525 Posts
We have a Rat Terrier who's only redeeming quality is that my children love him. Here is a picture of him as a pup:

A couple of months ago, I had to put down one of my oldest and dearest friends, Dust, my horse for 25 years. I don't have a really good picture uploaded at the moment.

·
Registered
226 Posts
My 2 mutts, the white one is Raymond- Lab/Husky mix, the other is Fiona Lab/collie mix

·
Premium Member
5,921 Posts
First up is my puppy Max. His Grandfather was the most awarded German Shepherd in GA. We love him very much.

Next is our ol' Boy Baylor. He's a full blooded Chocolate Lab. I bought him for my wife when we first got serious. I met her parent the night I gave it to her. Talk about brownie points. :)

I don't have any recent pics of our really old Rottie. She just sleeps most of the time now. Nearing 15, I'm good with that. :)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.