Glock Pro Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,921 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK, so I'm a pretty smart guy and I'm usually very Tech Savvy but this Sprint HTC Evo is baffling me. I decided tonight to connect it to my PC for the first time. I was hoping to transfer some ring tones, pictures and those types of things over. I downloaded the HTC Sync software and connected the phone via the PC cable. All is well. Once connected, all I was able to do is sync my calendar and contacts which I am already doing wirelessly through work email or load apps. I can't see the SD card or any folder structure etc..

Thoughts or suggestions to the mode advanced Droid users out there?

·
Registered
220 Posts
I am not familiar with that phone but it should be close to mine.when you have it hooked up to the computer through the usb cable, drag down the top bar.the one where the clock is and select the usb mass storage option. But it will not show this option unless hooked to the computer.that's how mine works anyway, hope it helps. I also highly recommend an app called wifi file explorer.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
5,921 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I just downloaded the wifi explorer. Very cool application. Now if only I can figure out the file structure and where to put stuff.

·
Super Moderator
7,030 Posts
TheLaw said:
OK, so I'm a pretty smart guy and I'm usually very Tech Savvy but this Sprint HTC Evo is baffling me. I decided tonight to connect it to my PC for the first time. I was hoping to transfer some ring tones, pictures and those types of things over. I downloaded the HTC Sync software and connected the phone via the PC cable. All is well. Once connected, all I was able to do is sync my calendar and contacts which I am already doing wirelessly through work email or load apps. I can't see the SD card or any folder structure etc..

Thoughts or suggestions to the mode advanced Droid users out there?
I have a Motorola DroidX Android phone, so it might be a bit different than your phone.

I haven't downloaded any cellular file manager or transfer software. When I connect my Droid to my PC it shows up as a new drive letter. I can navigate through all the folders on my cell phone and the SD card in Windows Explorer.

I loaded some videos on my SD card using this method and the Android Gallery app can play them fine. Try managing things from your PC.

·
Premium Member
5,921 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Mine showed up as a drive letter but wouldn't let me do anything with the drive. That's when I downloaded the HTC Sync software. This allowed me to transfer calendar and contacts, or loads apps, but still I couldn't see the actual file structures, etc.. The Wifi Explorer app that Mike mentioned worked awesome! Once you load it, you connect your phone to your home wifi, you connect to the phone by going to a web address on your PC. Once there, you see the structures on the phone. Some folders are obvious, like I found music, etc.. but I haven't found where the ring tones go. I'm a lot closer now that I was when I started the thread though so that's a plus!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.