Glock Pro Forums banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
104 Posts
Nah, I have Sprint. The better company IMO.

·
Registered
122 Posts
I toyed with the idea about getting an iPhone to replace my Driod X. In the end, I stayed with my Droid (zero problems with it) mainly because the boss (my wife) gave me to option of the iPhone or a G23. Lol I will chose a gun every time.

·
Registered
2,101 Posts
i had an iphone for the last 3 years, and recently bought a droid incredible.

the iphone specific rate plans are more expensive, and no employer discounts are offered per steve jobs (not even for cell company employees).

the iphone has a better operating system, and touch interface without question.

the droids excel in phone customizable options (they have a zillion), flash support, and the app market. there are thousands of great free apps for droid.

whenever i downloaded apps for the iphone, free or not, the phone would seriously lag, freeze, and crash. apple does not monitor developers as google does.

i went to the apple store nearby when my phone was lagging/crashing, and the guy at the "genius bar" simply deleted all my apps and the phone was back to normal. he went on to say that 95% of the time when folks bring in iphones to him whith problems, it's the apps. this made the apple market essentially useless for me.

the droids work better with wi-fi, and bluetooth signals as well. the range is 3 times what it is with the iphone. for some reason, apple can't get bluetooth or wi-fi down as well as others. i have a macbook pro that exhibits this as well.

just my take on things, sorry for rambling lol :)

·
Registered
431 Posts
no, in the mid of my 2 years and Verizon is not giving customers like me any good option to get the phone.
I want one, but it is not worth $649.00, or the extra line deal for 2 years, so i'll pass.

·
Registered
56 Posts
I had the original Droid by Motorola when it 1st came out and have had the Droid X since November, I would never cross over to iPhone. I love the open source OS and have been very pleased with it, and will stay true to it until something better comes out :)

·
Premium Member
1,115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yeah, I also have the original Droid.. wife has the droid incredible.. I like the v iphone for the fact that its also a wifi hotspot.. would def come in handy with my ipad, netbook..

I also just want a change :). My son's 'new every two' comes up in august, so IF i'm missing the droid experience I can give him the iphone and get the latest droid then..

·
Registered
2,101 Posts
Yeah, I also have the original Droid.. wife has the droid incredible.. I like the v iphone for the fact that its also a wifi hotspot.. would def come in handy with my ipad, netbook..

I also just want a change :). My son's 'new every two' comes up in august, so IF i'm missing the droid experience I can give him the iphone and get the latest droid then..
you'll like it. it's a big change from android. :)

·
Registered
361 Posts
i got the great 2 4 1 deal just before xmas on the "x" and the announcement that the iphone could be ordered was something i looked into and decided to stay with the x even though verizon would've swapped them out.

the bigger screen is spectacular, not as good of color as the iphone but you can't have everything and the verizon iphone won't provide talk/internet at same time as at&t.

·
Registered
2,101 Posts
i got the great 2 4 1 deal just before xmas on the "x" and the announcement that the iphone could be ordered was something i looked into and decided to stay with the x.

the bigger screen is spectacular, not as good of color as the iphone but you can't have everything and the verizon iphone won't provide talk/internet at same time as at&t.
that's a good point. that's one thing i miss about being with ATT is being able to talk and look something up at the same time. i always use a bluetooth headset when on the phone so i did that a lot. can't do it now with my verizon droid incredible (but i get considerably less dropped calls lol)

·
Registered
361 Posts
that's a good point. that's one thing i miss about being with ATT is being able to talk and look something up at the same time. i always use a bluetooth headset when on the phone so i did that a lot. can't do it now with my verizon droid incredible (but i get considerably less dropped calls lol)
it's hard for me to think of talking and working the internet at the same time but i hadn't thought about bt.

i was with verizon when it was gte and a lack of dropped calls is coverage that at&t is envious of and because of it, will probably lose a lot of folks to verizon i'm thinking.

·
Super Moderator
7,027 Posts
I finally switched from AT&T to Verizon for better quality of service and now they invite all the iphone guys over... sheesh... I can't win... although I think Verizon's network is better able to withstand the onslaught...

·
Premium Member
5,921 Posts

My HTC Evo from Sprint can e a hotspot!

·
Registered
104 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Update: So - I woke up around 3:30am.. and went to order the iphone.. would have been 199 (16gb one).. and I couldn't do it.. heh. Before going to work, I told my wife I didn't feel like giving Verizon another 199.. i'd keep my phone.

An hour later I get an email saying my order for the 32gb iphone went through and they'll send it out on the 10th :)

My wife logged in and got me the better one.. lol. Yay me! Best wife ever.

·
Registered
2,101 Posts
Update: So - I woke up around 3:30am.. and went to order the iphone.. would have been 199 (16gb one).. and I couldn't do it.. heh. Before going to work, I told my wife I didn't feel like giving Verizon another 199.. i'd keep my phone.

An hour later I get an email saying my order for the 32gb iphone went through and they'll send it out on the 10th :)

My wife logged in and got me the better one.. lol. Yay me! Best wife ever.
oh yeah, that's fine. i had the 8gb one for 3 years, and never ever made use of 1/10 of the memory lol

here's a comparison of the iphone's performance with ATT vs. Verizon:

http://reviews.cnet.com/8301-19512_7-20030274-233.html

(the phone's signal strength and download speeds with verizon really puts att's service to shame)

·
Registered
594 Posts
I love my droid, for everything except talking on it. Verizon here in Denver is good, not great. But AT&T is worse.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.