Glock Pro Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
61 - 65 of 65 Posts

·
Registered
1,142 Posts
Sorry I don't take it lightly when someone comes here with a clear agenda to bash cops and attempts to spew their ignorance to others. This thread served no other purpose than to attempt to make fun of these cops for poor marksmanship and recklessness in spite of the fact that we have very little necessary information to make such a judgment. This is liberal anti-gun/cop propaganda.

·
Registered
530 Posts
Discussion Starter · #62 · (Edited)
Thank you for absolutely proving my point. You link to an article by someone with a clear agenda, and quote the Commissioner who was trying to inform people as to how real gun fights go down and explain why there were so many misses, but you use it like the liberals who have no clue to twist his words to mean he was calling his cops "bikers" in a bad way. You are proving to be quite the anti-gun spinster.

This is EXACTLY why we as gun owners need to stop this crap you are pulling here. These cases get tried in the court of public opinion based on limited facts put out there by an anti-gun and anti-cop media. The result is people like you who rush to judgment and form strong opinions without any real knowledge of the situation or of true gun fight scenarios, and you dig in your heels on the issue. This public misconception of the situation then puts pressure on the agency, the prosecutors, and the investigators to try to satisfy the mob of idiots. This corrupts the system and ultimately we have good cops involved in good shootings villainized.

I love how you come here with an article on Zero Hedge. I checked them out and they are well known as conspiracy theorists with an "apocalyptic world view". They are a liberal activist website and you come here to a gun website and bash police using their article to try to make a misinformed point spinning the quote from the commissioner to suit your needs. LOL. What a joke.
How about some facts instead of all your bombastic bull$h!t for once? I'm not "pulling" anything. You don't like the message, so you attack the messenger. The Deputy Police Commissioner MADE THE STATEMENT. The article simply quoted him. You've managed to go through this entire thread crying stupid all the way. All of your, "we and you don't know enough" silly nonsense. You accuse me of making statements based on the FACT this was a running gun battle, telling me I don't have that knowledge.

You have no idea if they shot while running from location to location or not.
The fact is YOU didn't have that knowledge. The information is out there. You're either too lazy, or else too ignorant to look it up. A quote is a quote. Here it is again, just for YOU:

"Asked to explain how it's possible that after turning Bushwick into the Wild West, several trained officers managed to miss the mark a staggering 83 out of 84 times they pulled the trigger, NYPD Deputy Commissioner Stephen Davis explained that, much like true biker shootouts, real "running gun battles" are wildly unpredictable affairs".

Nowhere has he denied saying it, and he's been quoted in other articles saying the same exact thing. Stop trying to run interference, in order to cover up your mass ignorance on this entire matter. Are you really foolish enough to think ANYONE is going to give these idiots positive feedback after pulling a stupid, dangerous stunt like that? Stop being so dumb. These cops DESERVE all the bad press they get. The same as any citizen would if they did something that stupid. Do you really think if 3 or 4 CCW holders did this same exact thing they wouldn't be in a jail cell, facing reckless endangerment charges, and illegal use of a weapon? Stop acting so ignorantly.

They did this, then their idiot boss compares what they did to outlaw bikers doing the exact same thing. Is he F'ing serious? And you sit there in total amazement wondering why the media is all over this with negative press like stink on dog crap. How about you showing me one single positive article about this mess? Stop playing stupid and do your own legwork. I'll even tell you how since you're so damn lazy. Google: "Cops Shoot 84 Times". Trust me, you'll get the phone book. Stop making accusations and playing dumb, and do your homework for a change.

All you have done since you started posting in this thread 4 odd pages ago is sit on the curb and bitch. You refuse to accept what everyone else does. What these guys did was STUPID, pure and simple. You need to stop embracing your badge fluffing for 5 minutes, and take in some serious reality. When cops screw up, and they're taken to task for it, it's not "BASHING". Regardless of how much you, or anyone else tries to make it that. And you really claim to be an attorney? Seriously. I'd hate like hell to be your client the way you research things.

I know from research, experience, and the fact that as a prosecuting attorney I investigate police shootings,............
You sure as hell could have fooled me. You can't manage to find information when it's sitting right under your nose. And why? Because you don't like what it says.

·
Registered
1,592 Posts
This is a poor article for billt's point he is trying to make. The article just doesn't have enough info to determine either way about the officers shooting capabilities. There are however many other instances that should draw many questions about officers training for firing the service weapon. For me it's more the number of rounds fired in my mind is a lack of fire control under stress. Which is a training issue as well as general marksmanship.

·
Registered
530 Posts
Discussion Starter · #64 ·
..........There are however many other instances that should draw many questions about officers training for firing the service weapon. For me it's more the number of rounds fired in my mind is a lack of fire control under stress. Which is a training issue as well as general marksmanship.
That I would agree with. At some point someone has to address the fact multiple officers shooting 84 rounds at a single assailant, with only a single hit, shows piss poor weapon control, as well as a total lack of marksmanship. There is no excuse that can possibly be made to justify this type of stupid behavior and abysmal performance. Especially from individuals who receive months of professional training. As I said, there is no way civilians could execute the same scenario, under the exact same conditions, without landing in jail charged with a whole truckload. And rightfully so. I don't care where, or how "gun friendly" the jurisdiction is where it took place. And as far as the article. If you don't like that one, just Google this incident. There are literally dozens more from all but countless publications. Not every one is out looking for a tree to hang cops.

And as for the police being above criticism, that is simply preposterous. (I know you didn't mention that). Especially today with most everyone on edge about recent police behavior. This is just about the last thing they need to be feeding the media. Yes, in some incidents like the matter in Ferguson, and more recently in Baltimore, the cops are getting a bum rap. No question about it. Then they go and pull a boner like this, (NYPD), and it sets everything back years. Police / citizen relations have been strained, and continue to deteriorate. Not all of it is the fault of street cops. THIS IS. This type of thing plants bad seeds in good heads. The result is the cops end up digging themselves into a deeper hole, where they shouldn't be in the first place. The media can hurt police / citizen relations. But no where near as much as what these clowns managed to do on their own.

61 - 65 of 65 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.