Glock Pro Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
None
1,525 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've got this G17 just laying around with no real job to do these days; so, I'm contemplating turning it into a GSSF Unlimited gun. I was thinking along the lines of a trigger system from GlockTriggers.com along with an extended and ported barrel from Lone Wold Distributors.

Of course, if I'm going to go unlimited, maybe I should do so with the G34 and one of these six port barrels.

Perhaps combine the trigger system and ported barrel with some sort of sight mount and optic, and it would be good to go.

I hate to take one of my Glocks out of a carry setup though. What say y'all?

·
Registered
1,962 Posts
I think the whole idea of an "unlimited" pimp gun goes against everything I know you to stand for. That being said ... I don't think it would matter which of those two you do with since you carry neither of them.

·
Registered
279 Posts
do it to a chrome 1911 but please not the glocks.... :eek:

everytime i see a race gun picture i think its a joke pic. kinda like how people put huge wings and body kits on hondas to make fun of them... but then i realize they like how the gun looks...

·
None
1,525 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I think the whole idea of an "unlimited" pimp gun goes against everything I know you to stand for. That being said ... I don't think it would matter which of those two you do with since you carry neither of them.
I'm not normally into such weapons and typically look upon them with disdain, but I am curious to see the difference it would head to head.

·
Registered
279 Posts
I'm not normally into such weapons and typically look upon them with disdain, but I am curious to see the difference it would head to head.
well yes in a controlled setting it will perform better but drop it on the ground a few times and see how accurate that red dot is.. at the USPSA events i shoot at the guys with these silly red dot race guns have them speciffically zero'd for 5 yards and then when theres a small target at 25 yards they cant hit it for the life of them. they dont know wether to aim higher or lower of what. they just burn a crap load of ammo until it goes down.

·
Super Moderator
7,029 Posts
I think it would be interesting to build a race gun... titanium striker... slick trigger... ported barrel... blast deflector... dot sight... although I don't really understand how those dot sights work...

Although David Sevigny has done pretty well with the stock Glocks...

·
None
1,525 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
One issue I have with many of the optics is that I have trouble picking up the dots; so, an optic sight would be something I would have to research thoroughly.I also don't know how much I would like having the sight that much higher than the my normal sighting plan.

In the end, I'd probably wind up going with an iron or fiber optic sight.

This is all more of a theoretical exercise. I was looking at something on Lone Wolf's sight and ended up looking at the ported barrels and just got to thinking about it.

·
Registered
279 Posts
One issue I have with many of the optics is that I have trouble picking up the dots; so, an optic sight would be something I would have to research thoroughly.I also don't know how much I would like having the sight that much higher than the my normal sighting plan.

In the end, I'd probably wind up going with an iron or fiber optic sight.

This is all more of a theoretical exercise. I was looking at something on Lone Wolf's sight and ended up looking at the ported barrels and just got to thinking about it.
yea i notice alot of the guys with red dots dont straighten out either arm. they have both elbows bent alot when shooting. perhaps due to sight picture needs.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.