Premium Member
5,921 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Reactions: GlockNewb

·
Registered
612 Posts
http://onlineathens.com/stories/121710/bre_758067176.shtml

Make sure to review the comments at the bottom.
Good article TheLaw! Thanks for posting. Albuquerque used to push the Neighborhood Watch program...I was VP on our neighborhood board. The City wanted $200 dollars for each street ($100 per sign at each end) for NW signs. Most residents didn't want to anty the $15~ each per street :-( so I usually made up the difference of what we could collect.

But it has always been my contention that the important factor is not the NW signs, but the awareness of the residents. Know your neighbors and keep your eyes open!

Again, thanks for this good link

·
Premium Member
844 Posts
Good point JL. I have lived in my current home for 7 months now and seen my neighbor 1 time (elderly lady) and she ignored my greeting and would not even look at me, which I find sad. The gentleman that mows her yard and clears the snow is very out going and we chat when we run into each other(small town) I have asked no ?'s about my neighbor and he has offerd no info about her. I find that sad but will respect her privacy while I will keep an eye on her home In case of bad guys. Also were you involved in this story? Pm me if you want

·
Premium Member
5,921 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
The good police work was only made possible by the citizen's good work.
While true, the citizens in that area know they have a fantastic Law Enforcement group there and are willing to support the S.O.
I don't believe you find that trust & support in many other areas of this State.

·
None
1,525 Posts
Good point JL. I have lived in my current home for 7 months now and seen my neighbor 1 time (elderly lady) and she ignored my greeting and would not even look at me, which I find sad. The gentleman that mows her yard and clears the snow is very out going and we chat when we run into each other(small town) I have asked no ?'s about my neighbor and he has offerd no info about her. I find that sad but will respect her privacy while I will keep an eye on her home In case of bad guys. Also were you involved in this story? Pm me if you want
I was at the office when the call first went out. The Sheriff and I jumped in his truck and head that way as the caller was relaying more information. The first deputy on scene confirmed that there were people in the house and began relaying instructions as to where he wanted other responding units to set up. As the first two deputies eased up on the house, the perps were coming out with a load, saw the deputies, and gave flight. A third deputy joined in the chase and caught the first perp a few houses away. This is where the lady with the revolver and only two rounds lived.

They secured that perp as the Sheriff and I were arriving. The Sheriff, the initial responding deputy, and I then cleared the house to make sure nobody was hiding inside. As we did this additional responding deputies set up a perimeter around the subdivision and began searching for the second perp.

A short time later, Orion (the canine) located the second suspect in a culvert...

Two other deputies and I responded to the sounds resulting from Orion locating the second perp in the culvert and arrived as the handler and a handler from another jurisdiction that lives in the subdivision were pulling the perp from the culvert and wrestling him out of the ditch. We got him in cuffs and searched him.

·
Super Moderator
7,027 Posts
Excellent, excellent work jl and all the sheriff's that participated in stopping this crime... Always good to hear about law enforcement upholding the law... Especially nice to find out that the main protagonist was a friend!

I clicked through to your user comment page and was surprised to see your picture... Based on your knowledge and experience, I always thought you would be much older... anyway... Good Job!!!

Thanks for posting this, theLaw...

·
None
1,525 Posts
Excellent, excellent work jl and all the sheriff's that participated in stopping this crime... Always good to hear about law enforcement upholding the law... Especially nice to find out that the main protagonist was a friend!

I clicked through to your user comment page and was surprised to see your picture... Based on your knowledge and experience, I always thought you would be much older... anyway... Good Job!!!

I'm 39 and a few weeks away from 12 years "on the job".

·
Premium Member
5,921 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·

He's an Old Man! :)

·
Registered
1,628 Posts
it's a story you like to hear, not like the way phoenix pd has been in the news lately.
+1. In the comments, it's great to see the great interaction between LE and the civilian community. The comments section was actually helpful and civil.

I cannot read more than 1 or 2 lines on Seattle comments sections b/c there's a million trolls and flame wars instantly erupt. The useful comments are always lost and buried.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.