Glock Pro Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I would like to ask the members which have Glock 27s, what ammo do you carry?
Thanks,
Oddball

·
Registered
158 Posts
Special Glock 27 ammo I reckon...

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That may be true, but I can't afford to spend a pile of money on ammo to be used for a self defense and CC and then find out the bullets won't expand because my handgun has a 1/2" shorter barrel than what the factory tested there ammo with. I'm 53 years old, now disabled and have been shooting handguns ever since I became old enough to buy one. I apologize that I don't have the income ahymore to waste on buying self defense ammo and then find out later I should have just bought FMJ, because they would expand just as well, and cost a lot less. I thought somebody on this form might have had some knowledge on the subject I asked about, that's all, ElevenBravo.

·
Registered
158 Posts
Understood friend, I have a habit of being silly till a serious answer shows up!

You actually have a valid question about barrel length, since it impacts velocity, and velocity impacts expansion. Some JHP perform better at slower speeds than others.

I dont have any suggestions, I run a 17 and havent explored the question before, but Im sure someone will be able to help.

EB

·
Registered
1,093 Posts
I would like to ask the members which have Glock 27s, what ammo do you carry?
Thanks,
Oddball
How about had a 27? I tried a few different ones and finally settled on Gold Dot short barrel. It's made for shorter barreled pistols.
Just a thought.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I've been carrying the Corbon 135gr. JHPs for years. I like Corbon's 140gr. DPX, but it's just too dang expensive. I thought about trying Barnes 140gr. TAC-XPD and I've thought of the Gold Dot Short Barrel, that you mentioned. I've also thought of Remington's 180gr. Ultimate Defense Compact, and the Federal 180gr. HST. Or I could just stay with Corbon 135 JHP. I just don't know.
Thanks for your reply,
Oddball

·
Registered
158 Posts
BTW, I love Kelly's Heros

·
Registered
956 Posts
Use Hornady's Critical Defense in all my carry guns. I base my decisions on the independent testing of the "Shooting the Bull Ammo Quest" guy

I like the inherent feed reliability of the sharply tapered bullet, I've simply never had a misfeed with this round, that's job 1 to me.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Thanks, I'll have to check that site out. And thanks to everybody for taking the time to send me your feedback.

·
Banned
509 Posts
Starting in 9 months (when I get my guns back) I'll be carrying a G17 with Corbon 115gr JHP +p ammo in it here in VT. It goes a measured 1400 FPS out of my 4.5-inch barrel.

·
Super Moderator
6,946 Posts
That's a pretty crazy looking bullet...

·
Registered
115 Posts
That's a pretty crazy looking bullet...
Only bad news is price but carry only(about a $1.25 or so per)..saw some youtube tests(yes, I know)..but good penetration and wound channel(even .380...on par with some 9mm JHP), no clogging because of layers of clothes...For 'defender', not 'penetrator' type. Good video here. I know made by Lehigh but...

·
Super Moderator
6,946 Posts
Only bad news is price but carry only(about a $1.25 or so per)..saw some youtube tests(yes, I know)..but good penetration and wound channel(even .380...on par with some 9mm JHP), no clogging because of layers of clothes...For 'defender', not 'penetrator' type. Good video here. I know made by Lehigh but...

Interesting... First I've heard of them.

·
Registered
6,215 Posts
I have reloaded god dots in 9mm, makes a nice lookin bullet !

1 - 20 of 20 Posts