Glock Pro Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
3,134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Today I went to the range with several different ammos... I was surprised by the experience. I have been shooting mostly 115 grain FMJ Winchester white box, with some Federal and Remington UMC as well. Today, I also took some 115 grain +p Remington JHP and some 147 Federal +p JHP. I expected the 147 Federal to have the most recoil, but I "felt" that it was the "softest" of the bunch! I found the 115 +p to be the most "snappy" and the standard load 115 FMJ between the other two. There was no science involved, just "palm of the hand" sort of thing. Does this sound right? Or was I expecting too much from the 147 +p?

·
Registered
275 Posts
I've always associated 147 grain loads with being "subsonic". I know this doesn't go with all 147 grain loads, most surely not with +p's, but maybe they were a little slower, hence the softness, due to the increased weight. I shot some 147 gr Hydra-shoks several years ago, I'm pretty sure they are "subsonic", and they were very soft shooting. I recently purchased the 147 gr Federal HST's, and the ballistics on them seem hotter, and they are +p's, I'll just have to shoot them to compare.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.