Glock Pro Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
https://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/2018/12/20/brownells-goes-big-introduces-ammo-barrels/

https://www.brownells.com/ammunitio...u100010469-124685-104566.aspx?sku=100-010-469

12,000 or 7,500 round barrels that look like they can be buried

The single review:

SWEET DRUM WITH A SURPRISE INSIDE

This is probably the most expensive barrel you will ever buy. I was looking for something to store some guns in for eotwawki/confiscation and thought to myself, "huh, a drum specifically designed to hold ammo and or guns!" So I bought it, and to my surprise it was full of green tip! The drum itself is a stunning yellow, making it extremely visible in low light situations, while protecting the metal from corrosion. The big seal ring thing is perfect for keeping the barrel sealed against the weather and environment (threw it in my pool to test the seal, I don't recommend due to the challenges one faces when trying to pull it back out). All in all I would definitely recommend the barrel. The ammunition is okay I guess. I can't complain too much when it came with the barrel

·
Registered
1,604 Posts
Interesting, thanks for the info.

Gaz

·
Administrator
6,638 Posts
The ammunition is okay I guess. I can't complain too much when it came with the barrel
Emphasis on the wrong thing Sir, the barrels are just that, the green tip is what is the bonus !

·
Administrator
6,638 Posts
Like magazines, one can not have too much ammo ....

·
Registered
1,604 Posts
"Any truth to the rumor that if you have 10,000+rds of a single caliber you need to be registered with the ATF as an armory?"

I hope not

Gaz

·
Administrator
3,293 Posts
If anyone needs help avoiding a 10k round registration with the ATF, I’m willing to help out!

FWIW, I’m pretty sure that’s not true. I bought 10k rounds at one time in case Hillary won the last election. I would expect Freedom would have said something if the ATF had to be notified.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Administrator
6,638 Posts
Wow!

Just Wow!
My brother was in the Fire Department all of his life and he used to tell the other firefighters if my house ever caught fire to stay away and let it burn ....

Behind door # 2 is several 8lb kegs of gunpowder and many sealed battle paks of 5.56-.223/7.62x39 and more boxed handgun ammo.

Tin Paint Gas Cylinder Tints and shades

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.