Glock Pro Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3,134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently installed a Ghost Rocket 3.5# connector kit.... Don Glock held my virtual hand and all is well with trigger, but I believe I have done something wrong in re-assembly of the slide stop mechanism. The slide stop catches too often... magazine in, magazine out.... round in magazine, magazine empty.... My Gen 4 G17 didn't do this before I took it apart, so I'm assuming I missed something on the re-assembly. Any suggestions... Other than buy a gen 3, will be appreciated...

·
Registered
3,134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'm more confused than normal.... Seems that this should be pretty simple, but I am ....well as I stated earlier. Should the the slide lock back, virtually every cycle, with no magazine in the pistol? I don't remember it doing this before...

·
Registered
3,134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Pins Shmins! Who cares what order they go back in? Thanks VolGrad And TedG, it's much better now!

·
Registered
3,134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I'll give Glock's some credit here... I fired @ 300 rounds today with that slide catch installed incorrectly and it worked @95% of the time! Bloody Nora.... I better keep my day job!

·
Premium Member
5,921 Posts
I was going to say, I did the same thing as well putting my firearm back together after a cleaning. The slide release seemed to catch when I was dry firing. I didn't take it to the range so I didn't get that far but it was catching.

I pulled the pin again, and I re-inserted the slide release. I noticed that I couldn't get the pin back in after I had reset it. I used the punch to push the spring down slightly, and the pin slipped right on. (Vol told me I should have wiggled it back and forth and it would have slipped in as well).

This resolved my issues and it works like a champ now. Congrats on getting your back up and running.

Reactions: EdF702

·
Registered
248 Posts

He finally gets to the point at 2:20 into the video. The locking block pin must be in the frame before you install the slide stop. This is because the slide stop spring pushes against the bottom of the locking block pin to give the spring its tension. When removing or inserting the trigger pin, wiggle the slide stop until the trigger pin slides through the frame relatively easily, DO NOT force any of the pins with a mallet.

He demonstrates this test in the video, near the end:Once you have the slide stop and trigger pin installed, pull the slide stop up from the frame slightly as if it were raising up to lock the slide back. With the slide stop held slightly up from the frame, let go of it. If it snaps back down to the frame under spring tension you have it installed correctly.

·
Registered
2,101 Posts
I recently installed a Ghost Rocket 3.5# connector kit.... Don Glock held my virtual hand and all is well with trigger, but I believe I have done something wrong in re-assembly of the slide stop mechanism. The slide stop catches too often... magazine in, magazine out.... round in magazine, magazine empty.... My Gen 4 G17 didn't do this before I took it apart, so I'm assuming I missed something on the re-assembly. Any suggestions... Other than buy a gen 3, will be appreciated...
two things:

make sure you install the locking block pin first (the top pin). then put in the slide stop, and put in the lower trigger pin.

also, after assembly, make sure the slide stop will move slightly forward and back with your thumb pressing it. it should be fit into one of the grooves of the trigger pin (the left groove).

:)

·
Registered
3,134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks for the help everyone. It was as I suspected, an excess of "head down, ass up" on my part.... I reassembled my G17 incorrectly by installing the trigger pin with the slide lock lever before the locking block pin.

In my defense, I was "inside" my Glock for the "first" (after installing the Ghost Rocket, I've been in and out of the inside of my G17 more than a frat boy in a free cathouse) and was a little nervous (don't break it... don't break it!) and I got got a little lost thinking about the fail to reset (the original problem) and stopped taking things one at a time.

Like I said ... head down, ass up! Thanks again to all that helped!

·
Registered
2,773 Posts
Glad your got it working.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.