Glock Pro Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
None
1,525 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was reading a few blogs this weekend from some competitive shooters and saw a discussion on several of them concerning the possible creation of a new division/classification above master in IDPA. The general theme is that this classification would be attainable only through winning sanctioned major matches at the master level. The idea is that it would soon move the professional shooters into a class of their own.

I got to thinking about applying this idea to GSSF, and was wondering what the opinions of GSSF shooters on the matter would be.

GSSF currently promotes amateurs to master after three wins. In studying the results of matches, it looks like scores in the high sixties to low seventies typically win the amateur civilian, guardian and competition divisions with an occasional shooter sometimes blowing that out of the water. Looking at the master scores, it looks like scores down in the forties are winning.

So, win three matches, and all of a sudden you are up against the likes of Sevigney, David Knight, etc.

I personally would like to see a higher division than master attainable through wins that would move those uber-class shooters into their own division.

What say you?

·
Registered
1,962 Posts
I think the professionals like those guys you mentioned should be in their own division. I'm not sure exactly where/how to draw the line but it does sort of put the squash on a guy to have a few good days (or attend a few small matches and have a few good days) and find himself having to compete with these guys.

I won't really matter to me as I don't expect to make Master any time soon .... if ever. I can't recall ... does making Master in IDPA move you into Master for GSSF? I think it does but would have to look it up to confirm.

·
None
1,525 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I think the professionals like those guys you mentioned should be in their own division. I'm not sure exactly where/how to draw the line but it does sort of put the squash on a guy to have a few good days (or attend a few small matches and have a few good days) and find himself having to compete with these guys.

I won't really matter to me as I don't expect to make Master any time soon .... if ever. I can't recall ... does making Master in IDPA move you into Master for GSSF? I think it does but would have to look it up to confirm.
No, but making master in USPSA does.

As for drawing the line, I think it should be promotion through victory.

·
Premium Member
5,921 Posts
Yeah, I see the issue for sure. Hrrmmm, I guess I'll have a better idea once I make it to Master and can give you a better idea then. :)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.