Glock Pro Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Super Moderator
7,030 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I called Glock Technical Support about a new guide rod spring assembly for the 4th generation Glock 17.

There is a new guide rod spring assembly for the 4th gen Glock 17 that does not have a beveled edge in the slide for the guide rod spring assembly. It is called an "02-1" spring assembly. I don't know what is actually stamped on the spring because I don't have one yet. When I get mine I'll post a picture of the new and old springs all together.

Glock has the "02-1" springs in stock. They mailed mine today, so I should get it tomorrow or the next day...

·
Registered
3,134 Posts
Thanks for the "heads up".... I called and they are sending a two of the new "02-1" springs. The guy I spoke with told me that he was sending 2 so I a
"always have a spare" and to call every 3000 rounds or so and they would send a new one so I can cycle them out... Sounded great at the time, makes me a bit suspicious now that I'm off the phone and thinking about those statements....

·
Super Moderator
7,030 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the "heads up".... I called and they are sending a two of the new "02-1" springs. The guy I spoke with told me that he was sending 2 so I a
"always have a spare" and to call every 3000 rounds or so and they would send a new one so I can cycle them out... Sounded great at the time, makes me a bit suspicious now that I'm off the phone and thinking about those statements....
Sounds like you talked to the same guy I talked to. I wish I had asked hs name. He was very informative and helpful.

Not sure why he sounded suspicious to you...

·
Registered
3,134 Posts
Sounds like you talked to the same guy I talked to. I wish I had asked hs name. He was very informative and helpful.

Not sure why he sounded suspicious to you...
I was not suspicious of the guy, just the situation. There has been so much made about the Gen 4's, and for Glock to offer free recoil springs in perpetuity, in conjunction with all the information swirling about the Gen4s, that is what sparked my suspicion.

·
Premium Member
3,884 Posts
Update: I received the "021" Recoil Spring Assembly from Glock and went to the range this morning to test it. To recap, I was having feeding problems with "light 9" ammunition, specifically Winchester 115 grain FMJ (1190fps, 362 ft lbs of muzzle energy) and Remington 124 grain FNEB (1100 fps, 339 ft lbs of muzzle energy). The problems were encountered with a new G17 Gen4 that had a RSA that had no stampings. The slide of this pistol does not have a bevel cut where the RSA meets the slide.

I fired 50 rounds of each type of ammunition, with no function failures of any kind. So, the problem I encountered is solved with the "021" RSA. These photos should be self-explanatory.

I have to admit that some nice Glock engineering was staring me in the face, and I failed to recognize it. They are using two different springs, for two different spring rates (that's a guess) to come up with a RSA that will perform well across a broad range of ammunition. Pretty neat.

Now that this problem is solved, I'm of course going to use the stock "021" RSA from now on, so my $40+ plus custom piece goes back into the parts box.
Hand Automotive tire Wood Auto part Automotive wheel system
Grey Lcd projector Bumper Gadget Cameras & optics
Cylinder Nickel Gun accessory Auto part Automotive exhaust
Office supplies Automotive design Rectangle Bumper Automotive exterior
Office supplies Cylinder Household hardware Metal Tool

Chris

Reactions: NWGlocker

·
Registered
3,134 Posts
Thanks for posting the pics! It's damn nice of Glock to keep improving our G17's isn't it? I will have a "no marking", "02" and two "02-1" springs by next week.... I normally shoot Ranger 124 gr +p FMJ for target (bought a bunch at a good price) and I like the "original" spring with that and other "hotter" ammo, but with the less expensive and lighter Remington UMC 115gr I have the occasional feed issue, but if I switch in the "02" spring with the lighter stuff, it works fine. I like how it feels with the "original" spring and hotter ammo, but it is terrific to have options. Gotta love Glock!

·
Registered
2,101 Posts
Thanks for posting the pics! It's damn nice of Glock to keep improving our G17's isn't it? I will have a "no marking", "02" and two "02-1" springs by next week.... I normally shoot Ranger 124 gr +p FMJ for target (bought a bunch at a good price) and I like the "original" spring with that and other "hotter" ammo, but with the less expensive and lighter Remington UMC 115gr I have the occasional feed issue, but if I switch in the "02" spring with the lighter stuff, it works fine. I like how it feels with the "original" spring and hotter ammo, but it is terrific to have options. Gotta love Glock!
you got that on ammo to go, didn't you! that's the best bulk price i've seen on the ranger NATO--i need to get me some lol

·
Registered
3,134 Posts
you got that on ammo to go, didn't you! that's the best bulk price i've seen on the ranger NATO--i need to get me some lol
Yep, you guessed it! I have been thinking about reloading, but when one can buy such good ammo that cheap, well, it sure diminishes the financial argument for reloading.

·
Premium Member
5,921 Posts
reloading makes more sense when you can buy material to make thousands of rounds at a time. Add on top of that the cost involved to get initially setup has kept me from getting into reloading. Well, that and not having any time. LOL

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.