Glock Pro Forums banner
21 - 31 of 31 Posts

·
Administrator
7,038 Posts
Do you clean or relubricate your gen4's before you shoot them?

I've heard some people say that you should clean out the copper lubricate Glock puts in before you shoot them.

My plan is to shoot mine exactly how it ships in the package. Maybe put 100 or 200 rounds through it before I take it apart. Actually, I'll probably take it apart to see what version the guide rod spring is. Other than that, I'm not going to change anything.

·
Premium Member
2,780 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
I do not clean them before I shoot them. I do exactly what you are saying your going to do. When I do lube them I just use CLP. Nothing fancy. Six drops in the right places is almost too much. I always find myself cleaning off extra. But they run fine like that.

·
Premium Member
2,780 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
As soon as my daughter's Scooby Doo cartoon goes off we are heading to the range with those low pressure rounds. I will post up something about how it went later.

·
Premium Member
2,780 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
Ok well, I took it out with the low pressure rounds. They are Chronoed at 800-825fps in 9mm for a idea how low pressured they are. Anyway, not a problem in the world out of them. It ate them all with no trouble.

·
Premium Member
2,780 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 ·
This is just for Boomer

·
Premium Member
2,780 Posts
Discussion Starter · #26 ·
Wow that pic turned out bad. Oh well, Boomer will get it anyway

·
Premium Member
608 Posts
OOOOHHHH, the jealousy I feel. Id love to get me a Gen4 22, just dont have any other pistols I want to trade off and don't have the bread to lay down on one right now either. I almost wish someone would make me an offer I couldn't refuse on my 86 Mustang (anyone want a project car?), I'd be coming home with a Gen4 22, an RTF2 22 to 24 conversion, a 21SF long slide LoneWolf conversion and maybe a Gen2 17L.

Maybe I could start a donation fund, wuddaya think?

·
Administrator
7,038 Posts
Why do some Glocks have white lettering and others just engraving?

I notice that all of your gen 4's have white lettering...

·
Premium Member
2,780 Posts
Discussion Starter · #29 · (Edited)
I color them in. I use a pastel crayon to do it just because I like the look of it. Plus it is easy to clean off if I get rid of the gun. Little CLP and you will never know it was there.

·
Administrator
7,038 Posts
I color them in. I use a pastel crayon to do it just because I like the look of it. Plus it is easy to clean off if I get rid of the gun. Little CLP and you will never know it was there.
Ah, I see...

You know all the tricks...

·
Premium Member
2,780 Posts
Discussion Starter · #31 ·
Ah, I see...

You know all the tricks...
How does that go? You don't get to be as old as me without picking up a thing or two. Or is it even a moron can learn something every now and then. ha ha ha lol

21 - 31 of 31 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.