Glock Pro Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Two "Uh Oh's:"

Oh.......those damn video cameras......

"According to the Associated Press, earlier reports stated Allen rammed his truck into Tuter's cruiser, but police officials are now backing away from that account since dash-cam footage shows otherwise.

"A witness told the news outlet he was awakened by the shots and took pictures and video of what unfolded on his cell phone. However, the man claims the Mesquite police took his phone and deleted the footage before returning the device four days later."

Michael Vincent Allen, Suspect, Allegedly Shot At 41 Times By One Police Officer

·
Super Moderator
6,990 Posts
Wow! Sounds like an unfortunate deal all around... :(

·
Registered
24 Posts
If I see it correctly that would be 2 mag changes in the incident. Ought to have been a lot of return fire to necessitate that. Hmmm...
Just as scary is that the confiscated cellphone came back wiped. There's a reason I automatically save everything into the 'cloud'.

·
Premium Member
5,921 Posts
That's what this report stated. I can tell you with certainty, that news reports are almost never correct.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Patrick Tuter | Dallas Morning News

3 hits out of 41 shots, but no one else was injured by all those bullets that did not hit their intended target. This is the reason that I'm not all that concerned with over-penetration from the 10mm that I carry.

·
Registered
6,319 Posts
Read an excellent article in March/April American Handgunner about OIS and the legal trap they can become involved in .....

What the "news" reports is for ratings, the "truth" must be weeded out from all the "fluff" to come to a conclusion of an incident. And then Joe Q Public may never know all of the contributing factors ....

·
Registered
337 Posts
Read an excellent article in March/April American Handgunner about OIS and the legal trap they can become involved in .....

What the "news" reports is for ratings, the "truth" must be weeded out from all the "fluff" to come to a conclusion of an incident. And then Joe Q Public may never know all of the contributing factors ....
Word up!
For those too young to remember that short phrase, definition :cool:

·
Registered
40 Posts
1 - 12 of 12 Posts