Glock Pro Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was wondering what is the best bullet weight to use when shooting matches, IDPA GSSF, etc? Some better than others for steel?
I just started shooting and hope this will save me a lot of trial time and money.

·
Registered
2,101 Posts
most folks i know that compete with 40cal use lighter weight bullets for less recoil and faster followup shots, like 135gr, 155gr/165gr.

however, it depends, some competitions require certain bullet weights/bullet types to meet a specific "power factor".

i would contact whichever organization is hosting the match you're interested in and find out.

·
Premium Member
2,780 Posts
Gotta agree with the Don the lighter the better

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hum never thought a lighter bullet would be less recoil and a better follow. I need to check into that, there is a lot I dont't now " power factor" i'm real new to all that.
most folks i know that compete with 40cal use lighter weight bullets for less recoil and faster followup shots, like 135gr, 155gr/165gr.

however, it depends, some competitions require certain bullet weights/bullet types to meet a specific "power factor".

i would contact whichever organization is hosting the match you're interested in and find out.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.