Glock Pro Forums banner
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey does anybody have a 34 or 35 competition model and they can tell that there is a major advantage? This cant be your one and only glock either or you wouldnt know the difference lol. I have a 27 and want to get one of these two or do i just get a 17 because the difference is so minor?? Any help or advise would be great. Thanks glockers.

·
Premium Member
2,780 Posts
I have had two 34s and didn't like either one half as much as I like my 17. I am much more accurate, and faster with the G17. I know I am not the only one either a lot of others have posted similar stories.

·
Premium Member
2,780 Posts
I THINK they use the 34. But I am not certain I will see what I can find out real quick

·
Premium Member
2,780 Posts
This video has some close ups of it in it. You can tell that it is not a stock Glock. I can't tell if it is a 24, 34, or a 35 though. But looking at the top of the slide in the one instant I would have to guess 34. If nothing else it is a nice video to watch ;)

·
Premium Member
2,780 Posts
And yes I know Jessie isn't shooting for Glock anymore before anyone tells me. I am looking for her to come out with team Smith&Wesson if she hasn't already.

·
None
1,525 Posts
I have a 17, a 19, and a 34. The 17 is the odd gun out. I run my 19 faster and more accurately than the 17, and the I run the 34 more accurately than the 17 and the 19, but I can't run it as fast as the 19.

The more experience I get with the 34 the more I like it.

·
Registered
1,962 Posts
I have all flavors of 9mm GLOCKs. In slow aimed fire I shoot the G34 more accurately. However, I can run the smaller guns better and overall do better with them. The G19 is my favorite. I currently have 3 and have another one on the way.

·
Premium Member
5,921 Posts
Yeah I was going to make sure Vol and JL chimed in. I like the 34 and will probably get one. I was going to get one on the GSSF certificate but VOL keeps taking them all. :)

I would like to shoot one of theirs to make sure that's what I want but after getting so used to the G19, I don't see any need to get a 26 and that was the other one I wanted.

·
Registered
252 Posts
I was looking at the GSSF site and will join but in reference to the 34, there are only a few classes to shoot it in. Also it being 9mm, there are limitations to that also in reference to major and minor caliber (or something like that). So whats the better way to go.

·
None
1,525 Posts
I was looking at the GSSF site and will join but in reference to the 34, there are only a few classes to shoot it in. Also it being 9mm, there are limitations to that also in reference to major and minor caliber (or something like that). So whats the better way to go.
GSSF has no breakdown of major or minor caliber. That is an IPSC/USPSA thing.

·
Registered
43 Posts
I have a 17, a 19, and a 34. The 17 is the odd gun out. I run my 19 faster and more accurately than the 17, and the I run the 34 more accurately than the 17 and the 19, but I can't run it as fast as the 19.
I have all flavors of 9mm GLOCKs. In slow aimed fire I shoot the G34 more accurately. However, I can run the smaller guns better and overall do better with them. The G19 is my favorite. I currently have 3 and have another one on the way.
Don't want to get off topic and turn this thread into a G19 is the best gun in the world thread. But I had a 17 and shot it a lot in a SWAT scenario for 6 years. Could'nt tell you how many thousands of rounds I put through that gun. It was real good but eventually I switched over to a 19 and did better. I have three 19's now. Sold the 17. Speed is important to me too as i'm not into target shooting. A good balance of accuracy and speed is what the 19 gives me. No experience with the LS Competion Glocks though. They remind me of Arnold in Terminator "Let me see that long slide .45" lol.

·
Super Moderator
7,027 Posts
I think Dave Sevigny usually shoots a G35 when he shoots IPSC/USPSA/Steel Challenge...

I'm looking to get a G34 to shoot in some matches, but mostly just for fun...

·
Premium Member
2,780 Posts
Don't want to get off topic and turn this thread into a G19 is the best gun in the world thread. But I had a 17 and shot it a lot in a SWAT scenario for 6 years. Could'nt tell you how many thousands of rounds I put through that gun. It was real good but evetually I switched over to a 19 and did better. I have three 19's now. Sold the 17. Speed is important to me too as i'm not into target shooting. A good balance of accuracy and speed is what the 19 gives me. No experience with the LS Competion Glocks though. They remind me of Arnold in Terminator "Let me see that long slide .45" lol.
Yeah, I can do as well and sometimes even better with a G26. Figure that one out I can't

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
WOW! I went all weekend without checking all of the replies. Thanks. Im thinking of going with the 19 after reading all of this. Maybe lol. I didnt know that jesse wasnt with team glock anymore.

·
Registered
1,628 Posts
PM sent. I pulled some quotes from my local competition shooter's forum (Northwest Practical Pistol Association) that discussed this. Would make for a really long post, though.

·
Premium Member
5,921 Posts
WOW! I went all weekend without checking all of the replies. Thanks. Im thinking of going with the 19 after reading all of this. Maybe lol. I didnt know that jesse wasnt with team glock anymore.
You won't be disappointed.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.