Glock Pro Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
CMPD was forced to use Deadly force during an arrest a second time in about a week, last night.
A suspect was fleeing and when caught reached for a gun while being taken into custody. Family and bi standards say, "take the police's guns away, they don't need guns"

I say look out brothers, watch your backs and please be careful. My heart goes out to the family of the young man that made this poor choice, and also the family of the officer who was forced to take anthers life in the line of duty.

Train hard and be safe CMPD

·
Registered
1,300 Posts
Thanks for the info and also thanks for caring about how this effects not only the officer but his family as well. I was on the job years ago and my son is currently on the job as an Oklahoma City Detective. I told him years ago to remember the bad guys would be there again tomorrow but his main objective was to come home daily to his family. In the end that is what counts.

·
Registered
53 Posts
A friend of mine is a police detective on the Charlotte Mecklenburg Police Dept., I talked to him a couple of weeks ago and he told me at least one person gets shot in Charlotte every night.

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yes, I have a rule, In Charlotte with the wife after dark, stay in a room until sunrise! I refuse to put my family in a situation where there is a great probability of gunfire near me!

·
Registered
6,318 Posts
I live about an hour South of Houston Tx, which is where our 3 local news stations come from.

Every night there is at least one shooting, (usually 2 or more) and most weeks the homicide rate is 3 for every 5 days .....

I have no stats to back me but if you would like to watch/read the news for a week I feel sure you will agree with my assessment.

·
Registered
1,300 Posts
Of course in many cases there is a term for those deaths......it's called natural selection. And of course it does lessen the potential votes. What am I saying those people don't vote. Anyway the main theme is to keep our families safe......first.......last.......always.

·
Registered
6,318 Posts
To Protect and Serve is a more dangerous job than it has ever been, thank you to those whom heed the calling !

·
Registered
7 Posts
About 6 years ago at the edge of dark I got a flat tire on 85 at the Freedom exit, NCHP pulled in behind me and requested that I slowly drive on the shoulder 2 exits down. The officer told me a ruined rim would be better than the two of us getting shot. My hat's off to all the brave LEOs working Charlotte/Mecklinburg.
Yes, I have a rule, In Charlotte with the wife after dark, stay in a room until sunrise! I refuse to put my family in a situation where there is a great probability of gunfire near me!

·
Registered
337 Posts
As with the fire and rescue (career or volunteer) we share the same moto. Return home safe to our familes. No comparison to LEOs that do not know from which direction a bullet can come from, bsically saing I am not down playing the dangers faced everytime that LEO walks out of roll call.
Glad the officer got the BG and not the other way around. Way too many Honor Guard with Pipe and Drum Corps already this year.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts