Glock Pro Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
419 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is it worth getting the plug for the bottom of you glock grip. It is only 5 $ but what other purpose will it serve other than keeping dust out of the cavity?

The sandpaper decal grips look and sound like they work great. But!! do they cause any problems with drawing and re-holstering? Im sure they will cause your holster to wear very fast.

what do you think. I like both but need to justify them first.

thanks!!

·
Registered
419 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
not a back strap. the little plastic plugs that go under the gun grip behind the mag. if that is what you mean iv never heard them called back straps. a back strap is what you can change on the gen 4 glocks and xdms....

·
Registered
2,101 Posts
i like the rubber texture decal grips better. they don't snag clothes, and don't shed coarse particles that can possibly scratch your finish.

the grips plug are useless for most, i only bought a jentra one to prevent hang-ups on reloading (on the inner half circle edge). fits great.

that hole at the base of the grip is there for a drain incase your glock is submerged in a liquid. i just don't foresee mine being submerged in anything (i don't carry it). you ever heard of a glock jamming because lint got into the drainage channel? i haven't.

·
Registered
102 Posts

·
Registered
1,962 Posts
I have plugs on some of my GLOCKs but not for function. I just like the more finished look. They aren't necessary and the pro/con can be logically debated either way. It's a matter of pref.

I don't like decal panels, skateboard tape, etc. They peel off over time and many are too aggressive for my taste. I prefer a worked in texture.

·
Registered
419 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·

·
Premium Member
5,921 Posts
I cut out skateboard tape to match the grips and then placed a few pieces in other areas for my forward thumb and my support index finger. It cause issued with my holster and was very rough on the hands. I can only imagine how badly it would have torn clothing if I had left it long enough. I've already taken it off.

·
Premium Member
2,780 Posts
I think the "But plug" is nothing more than a novel idea. It is fine for the finished look like someone else said but that would be about the only reason I would use one. I can think of no REAL practical application for them. As for the grip tape....it is ok. You are correct it can wear on a holster or if CCW it can wear on you a little bit. Clothes and whatever else it is afterall sand paper.

It does give you a more sure grip on the gun so it is kind of a trade off. Depends on what you are wanting I guess. I will say this much if you are ever in a position where you think or actually do have to use your pistol you will be surprised how fast your palms of your hands will become sweaty.

There are other products out there too though. One I think is called the A-grip. It is sort of a soft fabric type material that sticks to the gun. I have seen and felt them on guns before and it felt pretty good. The guy used it for matches he went to because he said his hands would get sweaty and this fixed it for him. Could be another option for you if your worried about the sand paper wearing on stuff.

·
None
1,525 Posts
I don't use the plug. The idea behind the design was that it would be easier to rip a mag out if needed; so, I leave mine that way.

I don't use the full grips, but I do apply a small piece of skateboard tape in the area where the palm heel of my support hand contacts the grip.

·
Registered
419 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·

·
Registered
25 Posts
I have a G26 and the only thing I added was the grip plug. I very much like the more finished look it gives. I like everything else the way it is.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.